E.T.

Standard memberlolof
Culture 13 Nov '12 18:33
  1. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 18:33
    I'm taking my 11 year old grandson to the movie Saturday to see E.T. for the first time (for him). It is shown just for a couple of days for a special reason, together with Shark, Psycho and a few other "cult" films. I hope he will like as much as I do. I still think it's a very charming movie!
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 18:37
    Originally posted by lolof
    I'm taking my 11 year old grandson to the movie Saturday to see E.T. for the first time (for him). It is shown just for a couple of days for a special reason, together with Shark, Psycho and a few other "cult" films. I hope he will like as much as I do. I still think it's a very charming movie!
    Don't forget to have him "call home"..your grandson I mean.
  3. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 18:55
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Don't forget to have him "call home"..your grandson I mean.
    Yes, isn't that lovely? And his voice - I read somewhere that his voice was performed by Debra Winger, if that is true. You can't help but love him.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '12 14:42
    he should do, my kids dont seem to mind how old a film is or if the special effects are dated, a good films a good film regardless.

after watching this -
    YouTube

i cant wait until my boy is old enough for star wars!!!
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '12 14:51
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i cant wait until my boy is old enough for star wars!!!
    Never saw E.T. Never saw any of the Star Wars films. Didn't watch the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. Never watched a Harry Potter film all the way though.
  6. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '12 15:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    Never saw E.T. Never saw any of the Star Wars films. Didn't watch the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. Never watched a Harry Potter film all the way though.
    As an adult of course, you need a lot of imagination to enjoy such films - I love The Lord of the Rings trilogy too, not so much Harry Potter perhaps.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 03:15
    Great to expose youngsters to the incredible movies of the past. Current movies are truly awful and the special effects cartoonish and lame. Stories were much better!
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 12:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    never saw star wars!!!!!!!! how did it happen? is it even possible?
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 12:10
    As an adult of course, you need a lot of imagination to enjoy such films - I love The Lord of the Rings trilogy too, not so much Harry Potter perhaps.
    i loved lord of the rings. not excited about the hobbit though? not sure why.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 12:15
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Great to expose youngsters to the incredible movies of the past. Current movies are truly awful and the special effects cartoonish and lame. Stories were much better!
    there are a few good modern kids films. i really enjoyed the babe movies. especially the 2nd one. most of the pixar animations are good. so are the studio ghibli animations, especially spirited away.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 12:41
    there are a few good modern kids films. i really enjoyed the babe movies. especially the 2nd one. most of the pixar animations are good. so are the studio ghibli animations, especially spirited away.
    Without doubt there are notable exceptions and indeed Babe is one of them. Animated films can also be quite charming, especially the Japanese ones such as Totoro. Lion King and such are hugely entertaining. However, I was focusing more on the sci-fi genre such as Star Wars, ET and such. I find pixar animation creepy looking and movement looks like spams of neurological disease. Flight of airplanes looks like swarms of insects flying at supersonic speed. Simply not credible. Compare to the wonderful special effects of ET. ET has you believe the critter is real and pulls it off!
  12. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 18:01
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Without doubt there are notable exceptions and indeed Babe is one of them. Animated films can also be quite charming, especially the Japanese ones such as Totoro. Lion King and such are hugely entertaining. However, I was focusing more on the sci-fi genre such as Star Wars, ET and such. I find pixar animation creepy looking and movement looks like spams ...[text shortened]... to the wonderful special effects of ET. ET has you believe the critter is real and pulls it off!
    How was the character E.T. made, how was he fit into the movie?
    My imagination takes me anywhere and everywhere but I dislike simplified animated films such as those by Hanna-Barbera e.g. - no life, no charm, no love.
    Walt Disney and his colleagues knew how to make animated characters come alive.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 20:16
    My imagination takes me anywhere and everywhere but I dislike simplified animated films such as those by Hanna-Barbera e.g. - no life, no charm, no love.
    hanna-barbera no life or charm!!! what about the flintstones and top-cat. quality cartoons, its not all about fps.
  14. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 20:27
    hanna-barbera no life or charm!!! what about the flintstones and top-cat. quality cartoons, its not all about fps.
    I can see your point but I don't agree - however I remember appreciating The Flintstones then because it was something new, a different approach.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '12 00:36
    ET was made of plastic of a flexible nature and run by a dwarf. As for the character fit into the movie the genius of Speilberg is that he weaves him for you to imagine where he came from and how. Disney animation is indeed the best by far, but Hannah-Barbera made excellent cartoons. My favortie DIsney animated filmm is Alice in Wonderland. Wonderful music, excellent development of the characters and does not butcher the wonderful book too badly!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree