1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 14:27
    Originally posted by gregsflat
    Green certainly had a moment, but you can't compare his work with the body of work that Clapton has created. I saw Peter Green about 5 years ago, he truly sucked, and had a hot Texan guitarist with him to keep any energy on stage. I went to see him because I respected his earlier works _ he wrote Black Magic Woman, that Santana borrowed. Fleetwood Mac, ...[text shortened]... li/ Frazier, who was better. Blow by blow, head cuttin' time, .. ... I take Hendrix.
    you must remember that he was ill for many years, he let his fingernails grow long, was unkempt and dishevelled and once went to his record company with a weapon and demanded that they take a royalty cheque back!

Clapton to me was in essence a guitarist, pure and simple, where Green was a musician and Jimi a force of nature. There are so many textures and rhythms to music, this is why i prefer fleet wood mac and peter green, his classical guitar playing, his introduction of traditional themes, flutes, pianos, gongs and percussion, its all there. the only instance that i can think of cream using this type of thing is on white room, but i could be mistaken. My own favourites of favourites is American musician and guitarist Michael Bloomfield, he can play just about anything!
  2. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 15:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    [b]!

Clapton to me was in essence a guitarist, pure and simple, where Green was a musician and Jimi a force of nature.
    Nice analogy, the rock song form wasn't so established then, besides 12 bar blues, everything was fresh. Seemed to have lost that battle in the 1970's.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '09 16:211 edit
    A panel of the greatest minds in the universe was asked this and they all agreed it was Crossroads.

YouTube
  4. à keke part
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 11:24
    Old Love

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree