erogon

Standard memberapathist
Culture 15 Jul '17 22:30
  1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    15 Jul '17 22:30
    paolini
    dragon fantasy

    I know a little bit about the genesis, because he told me. I'm enjoying the fourth novel for the first time. I'm realizing how much effort goes into creating a story for me to enjoy.

    I'm wondering where that effort comes from. Not for my my benefit, surely. I am amazed, and want to fall back into that world.
  2. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1331
    07 Aug '17 16:15
    Originally posted by @apathist
    paolini
    dragon fantasy

    I know a little bit about the genesis, because he told me. I'm enjoying the fourth novel for the first time. I'm realizing how much effort goes into creating a story for me to enjoy.

    I'm wondering where that effort comes from. Not for my my benefit, surely. I am amazed, and want to fall back into that world.
    Am I missing something, or has this culture section become a place where people string together random words that don't add up to a coherent thought?? 😛
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    19 Sep '17 21:48
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Am I missing something, or has this culture section become a place where people string together random words that don't add up to a coherent thought??
    And you are helping! In your opinion.

    Aragon is a fantasy series that worked really well. Cult hit I guess.

    I just started a jordan series, circle of time I think, there's some random words for you to get all confused about. The thing is, people put effort into creating a world for us, but then the story ends. This jordan series goes on and on and I think I may die before I finish it. blood and ashes
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6899
    20 Sep '17 12:42
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Aragon is a fantasy series that worked really well. Cult hit I guess.
    No, Aragon is a region in Spain. Eragon is a cult hit among barely literate adolescents who don't yet know who Aragorn is.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52691
    21 Sep '17 19:371 edit
    Originally posted by @apathist
    And you are helping! In your opinion.

    Aragon is a fantasy series that worked really well. Cult hit I guess.

    I just started a jordan series, circle of time I think, there's some random words for you to get all confused about. The thing is, people put effort into creating a world for us, but then the story ends. This jordan series goes on and on and I think I may die before I finish it. blood and ashes
    I think you are right about that, it is an unending franchise. Probably not even written by Jordan.

    Have you heard of or read the Alvin series by Orson Scott Card? You know, he wrote the Ender series also.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148646
    23 Sep '17 13:05
    Originally posted by @apathist
    paolini
    dragon fantasy

    I know a little bit about the genesis, because he told me. I'm enjoying the fourth novel for the first time. I'm realizing how much effort goes into creating a story for me to enjoy.

    I'm wondering where that effort comes from. Not for my my benefit, surely. I am amazed, and want to fall back into that world.
    I enjoyed those books. I'm actually writing a book, its done except I'm having a
    few beta readers reading it looking for errors or weaknesses in how the story it
    told. I'm nearly to the point of looking for an agent, right now my book has over
    188K words right now. It is a lot of work, even if my book goes no where, I've
    accomplished something in writing it and I've enjoyed process.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52691
    23 Oct '17 19:11
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    No, Aragon is a region in Spain. Eragon is a cult hit among barely literate adolescents who don't yet know who Aragorn is.
    It's also a ballroom in Santa Monica California and Chicago Ill. Arogon that is.
Back to Top