1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 19:471 edit
    for a long time I really loved the T-bone/porterhouse cuts, now I crave the silky tenderness of a well grilled new york strip. mmmmm. steak its whats for dinner!
  2. Standard memberpatauro
    Patricia
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 20:24
    I prefer fish, trouser trout, smothered in underwear. If cooked properly, it can't be beat.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 20:36
    Originally posted by duecer
    for a long time I really loved the T-bone/porterhouse cuts, now I crave the silky tenderness of a well grilled new york strip. mmmmm. steak its whats for dinner!
    T-bone florentine style or bistecca alla Pinturicchio. The latter dish is like Steak Wellington, ma con amore!
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 20:37
    Originally posted by patauro
    I prefer fish, trouser trout, smothered in underwear. If cooked properly, it can't be beat.
    You could spice it up with some snarfed on bicycle seat and primordial soup!
  5. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 23:19
    t-bone, about an inch-and-a-half thick, would do it for me.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 23:34
    Originally posted by Blackamp
    t-bone, about an inch-and-a-half thick, would do it for me.
    You shouls try it Florentine style. Almost 2" thick and breaded like chicken fried steak, rare in the middle and fall off the bone tender! Realy delectable, but your way is always great as well.
  7. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 23:50
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    You shouls try it Florentine style. Almost 2" thick and breaded like chicken fried steak, rare in the middle and fall off the bone tender! Realy delectable, but your way is always great as well.
    thanks, i'll check it out. while i'm partial to t-bones, i'm always happy to see a porterhouse, scotch fillet or NY cut on the plate as well. as long as it's good quality meat, i usually don't do anything too fancy with it.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 00:25
    Originally posted by Blackamp
    thanks, i'll check it out. while i'm partial to t-bones, i'm always happy to see a porterhouse, scotch fillet or NY cut on the plate as well. as long as it's good quality meat, i usually don't do anything too fancy with it.
    Straight up meat with nothing fancy is always so great. My favorite ever meal was at Chaco Canyon. Steak on the grill, baked tater, beans. Cold night. 17F then sleeping in a tent. Does not get much better than that. Was not fancy meat either, but is was sooo good!

Also like steak milanese, the Italian version of chicken fried steak.
  9. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 12:33
    The day my wife and I became engaged, we went out to an up-scale restaurant. I forget what she ordered but I had a fantastic beef Wellington and cherries jubilee for desert. With a special salad mixed right at our table, a wonderful bottle of French wine, it was quite memorable. This was in Alberta, and of course it was Alberta beef, the tenderest cut.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 12:56
    Originally posted by AttilaTheHorn
    The day my wife and I became engaged, we went out to an up-scale restaurant. I forget what she ordered but I had a fantastic beef Wellington and cherries jubilee for desert. With a special salad mixed right at our table, a wonderful bottle of French wine, it was quite memorable. This was in Alberta, and of course it was Alberta beef, the tenderest cut.
    I have heard it is delectable indeed. The best restaurant steak I ever had was in a little town, Spello, near Spoletto. They served bistecca alla Pinturicchio. It was served on a ceramic painters palette. The whole experience was magical. This restaurant won an international award with this dish. Il Molino, the restaurant, had excellent prices as well and wonderful waiters. They gave us drinks on the house over and over. It was winter so not many customers and they were quite happy to serve us.
  11. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 05:18
    yes Florentine is excellent, so are potatoes florentine
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 03:54
    Originally posted by duecer
    yes Florentine is excellent, so are potatoes florentine
    Almost everything Florentine is good. I swear I saw a lady that looked just like Boticelli's Venus while there for a few days in 04. Bbut I digress. Italians do meatt quite well. Steak Milanese is another favorite of mine. Hvae you ever had Braseola. It's a thin cold cut like pastrami served on a leaf of arugula with a drizzle of oil and a thin slice of Reggiano. Generally served with a side of baby zucchini sauted in oil and garlic, loaf of crusty bread and nice Bardolino. Don't get me started on their cheeses.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 11:14
    Picanha for me, please.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rump_cover
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 02:53
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Picanha for me, please.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rump_cover
    Looked it up. Sounds delectable. Where I come from everything but hair, hooves and teeth are not eaten.

What's a good recipe for picanha?
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 05:03
    Looked it up. Sounds delectable. Where I come from everything but hair, hooves and teeth are not eaten.

What's a good recipe for picanha?
    what?! no hog hooves ?! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree