Firefly / Serenity

Firefly / Serenity

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illinois

Moves
07 Jul 08

Any other Firefly or Serenity fans here?

I rented Serenity several times before I bought the DVD. Suffice it to say, I was a fan of the movie before I heard about the TV series it was based on. Finally, though, this last week The Wife and I have been renting the Firefly series. It's probably the coolest freaking TV show I've seen in ages (and an utter shame that it was canceled after only one season).

For those of you who aren't aware of it, do whatever you can to get in the know (especially if either sci-fi or classic western are your preferred genres). You won't regret it.

I certainly hope Joss Whedon is able to cook up another feature film.

Please share any thoughts you have about the show.

G
Justice 4 the 96

Airstrip One

Moves
07 Jul 08

There's alot of Firefly/Serenity fans out there, I love the comedy that Whedon puts into the dialogue, the punchy one-liners. 'Shindig' and 'Out Of Gas' are the best episodes I think, thought 'Jaynestown' is hilarious!

Real fan w##k stuff now, but Adam Baldwin (Jayne), Alan Tudyk (Wash) and Nathan Fillion (Mal) all voiced human marine characters in Halo 3 on the Xbox 360, as the guys who created the Halo games loved Firefly so much!

M

Moves
07 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by epiphinehas

I rented Serenity several times before I bought the DVD. Suffice it to say, I was a fan of the movie before I heard about the TV series it was based on. Finally, though, this last week The Wife and I have been renting the Firefly series. It's probably the coolest freaking TV show I've seen in ages (and an ut able to cook up another feature film.

I thought Summer Glau was wonderful but in the series, she was woefully underused - River was more unstable cargo than a developed character - so I especially enjoyed that she was brought more to the forefront in Serenity. Her fight scenes alone make the movie worth watching.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
08 Jul 08

I liked the series and the movie, but I have a friend who is totally into it, including scheduling movie screenings for charity, etc.

P

weedhopper

Moves
08 Jul 08
1 edit

Loved the series, movie was okay--kinda patched together.

I sure hope Jewel Staite stays on Stargate Atlantis, even after they bring back the original doc they've got in stasis.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 Jul 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas

I rented Serenity several times before I bought the DVD. Suffice it to say, I was a fan of the movie before I heard about the TV series it was based on. Finally, though, this last week The Wife and I have been renting the Firefly series. It's probably the coolest freaking TV show I've seen in ages (and an ut ...[text shortened]... able to cook up another feature film.

Yes, me and about 12 other Yahoo users were very upset when it was first taken off the air.

Last music competition, I did The balled of Serenity. Fun song. The show is not on often enough, and there just are not enough episodes.

P-

n
The Conductor

With the band

Moves
12 Jul 08

Loved the movie. I do want to watch the series, but I haven't found the time.

np

n

Moves
14 Jul 08

Never saw the movie. The mechanic was hot. The companion was steaming. The guy whose photo is your avatar was a completely useless character who did nothing but eat up time with useless lines from a useless stand point. Overall I liked the series though.

G
Justice 4 the 96

Airstrip One

Moves
14 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by nihilismor
Never saw the movie. The mechanic was hot. The companion was steaming. The guy whose photo is your avatar was a completely useless character who did nothing but eat up time with useless lines from a useless stand point. Overall I liked the series though.
You're going to 'The SPECIAL hell...' for that comment! 😉

(From the episode 'Our Mrs Reynolds'😉

Illinois

Moves
14 Jul 08

Originally posted by nihilismor
I just liked Shepherd's style... 🙂