1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 May '09 01:02
    The subject title says it all! The Grateful Dead Club FORUM is now up and running.

If anyone has any net resources, links, blogs, thoughts, rants, wishlists, analysis, etc. to share with fellow Dead afficianados then our spanking brand new ship shape and bristol fashion FORUM is the place to do it.

And thene there's the GD chat littered chess games too, of course.
  2. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 May '09 03:25
    JERRY LIVES
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 May '09 04:04
    Originally posted by The Dude 84
    JERRY LIVES
    Can anyone think of any other guitarist whose playing is so widely and almost completely available to his fans in the form of recordings of his concerts?

Was Led Zeppelin/Jimmy Page recorded so consistently?

Who else?
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    14 May '09 04:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can anyone think of any other guitarist whose playing is so widely and almost completely available to his fans in the form of recordings of his concerts?

Was Led Zeppelin/Jimmy Page recorded so consistently?

Who else?
    Swans 🙂
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    14 May '09 05:18
    GREAT IDEA for a forum!!!the dead by far was the best band to see live. they were journeys into another dimension.sounds funny i am sure to the uninitiated but if you have been there ,you know! their studio cuts were good,bootlegs much better.but,the live experience was what they were all about
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '09 20:071 edit
    I going to buy one GD album to get into them. Live or studio and which one please?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '09 00:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I going to buy one GD album to get into them. Live or studio and which one please?
    Tell me 5 or 6 rock/prog/folk-rock/psychedelic type albums from 1967-87 you like so I can get the measure of you and hook you up with 1 album that may well be the way in for you.
  8. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    18 May '09 01:08
    I think working mans dead is the only studio album worth anything.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '09 01:11
    Originally posted by StTito
    I know what you mean, but here I am this very minute listening to 1973's Wake Of The Flood and very nice it is too - very similar to what they were doing live at that time, minus the jazzy and avant garde extemporizations.
  10. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    18 May '09 02:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    The subject title says it all! The Grateful Dead Club FORUM is now up and running.

If anyone has any net resources, links, blogs, thoughts, rants, wishlists, analysis, etc. to share with fellow Dead afficianados then our spanking brand new ship shape and bristol fashion FORUM is the place to do it.

And thene there's the GD chat littered chess games too, of course.
    Outstanding! I just recently realized that all of the dead shows that I have on cassette tapes in a box in my attic and then some are now available for free download. Of course it now seems obvious but I just never thought to look until I saw mention of it on your profile.

And much to my delight I found the first dead show I ever went to at the Boston Garden, September of 1982. I'm listening to it now and am getting a chill up my spine listening to Wharf Rat as I remember being there 27 years ago (at age 16) almost like it was yesterday.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '09 22:361 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Tell me 5 or 6 rock/prog/folk-rock/psychedelic type albums from 1967-87 you like so I can get the measure of you and hook you up with 1 album that may well be the way in for you.
    Thanks but I'm not much of an expert I'm afraid. Years ago I enjoyed some tenticles, t.dream etc but lost interest when stopped getting stoned. Gradually becoming mostly mainstream, big floyd fan always, hawkwind, marillion too in 80's but but got bored with them quickly, loved zappa's sheik yer booty. Love all zeppelin stuff, (but not genre I know). Was considering Live Dead on amazon??
  12. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    18 May '09 22:59
    Originally posted by StTito
    I'm guessing you've never heard 'American Beauty'.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '09 23:41
    Was considering Live Dead on amazon??
    I was probably going to suggest you start with 'Live/Dead', regardless of how you answered my question!
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '09 23:48
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    I'm guessing you've never heard 'American Beauty'.
    When a cafe asks me to rustle up a few CD-Rs of music, the Grateful Dead disc is usually 70% of "Workingman's Dead", 70% of "American Beauty", plus Bertha and Not Fade Away/Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad from "Grateful Dead (1971)", Ship Of Fools and Scarlet Begonias from "From The Mars Hotel", Franklin's Tower from "Blues For Allah", China Cat Sunflower and I Know You Rider from "Europe 72", and Brokedown Palace from "Dead Set".
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 May '09 05:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    I was probably going to suggest you start with 'Live/Dead', regardless of how you answered my question!
    Ordered. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree