1. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 16:00
    If you could write a book (you were suddenly given the time, talent, and all other factors neatly aligned themselves), what would it be about?

My fiction choice would be to write an epic fantasy, one that's original and awesome. My non-fiction choice right this second would be to write a book about old sailing ships. They have always fascinated me. I would have loved being a sea captain...
  2. the highway to hell
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 16:09
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    If you could write a book (you were suddenly given the time, talent, and all other factors neatly aligned themselves), what would it be about?

My fiction choice would be to write an epic fantasy, one that's original and awesome. My non-fiction choice right this second would be to write a book about old sailing ships. They have always fascinated me. I would have loved being a sea captain...
    take it to the fantasy forum spanky 😛
  3. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 16:22
    Originally posted by eamon o
    take it to the fantasy forum spanky 😛
    I tried, but it's already full of clan goading threads. 😉
  4. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 01:20

That sounds good.

I think I would write about real love. I have yet to read a book about real love that is a modern book. I read books by authors and it seems like it's going to be the genuine article, but it just turns out to be crap. That's why I stay away from the bestsellers for the most part. I like books recommended by others. Don't know that I could do any better, but if I had the time and courage, I might give it a shot.
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 02:02

kamasutra
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 02:34

I would re-write Waiting For Godot, except I would write it in the style of P. G. Wodehouse.
  7. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 02:45
    I'm actually trying to write one in my spare time at the minute.... Trying to write an accessible book about some of the more interesting aspects of geology.... Many people don't know even what geology is, it'd be nice to write the good bits down, but keep the technical aspects of it down.....Bill Bryson did it a bit with "A brief history of nearly everything". It focused too much on the history of the science rather than the science itself.....

If I get carried away I might even try my hands at historical/fantasy fiction, I think it'd be fun to put together a big epic plot.......
  8. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 14:45
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I would re-write Waiting For Godot, except I would write it in the style of P. G. Wodehouse.
    Could you just go ahead and do that, please? That is the best paraphrase of "I could have been a contender" I've ever seen.
  9. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 16:10
    LOL I'd read that.
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 18:04
    I'd write a very twisted crime/mystery told from the pov of the criminal except that you wouldn't know that the narrator is the criminal until the end or close to it.
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 18:20
    Originally posted by Mimor
    I'd write a very twisted crime/mystery told from the pov of the criminal except that you wouldn't know that the narrator is the criminal until the end or close to it.
    Thanks for giving the ending away. No point in reading that one now.
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 18:28
    Thanks for giving the ending away. No point in reading that one now.
    You know, I was going to put a "*******spoiler alert!!******" but decided against it. Sorry.
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 18:58
    I've always been drawn to tales of alternate history (The Plot Against America by Roth, The Man in the High Castle by Dick, Marvel's What If and Age of Apocalypse comic series) so I would have to go with that.
  14. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 21:28
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I've always been drawn to tales of alternate history (The Plot Against America by Roth, The Man in the High Castle by Dick, Marvel's What If and Age of Apocalypse comic series) so I would have to go with that.
    There's a cool one about communist superman....

Its called "Superman; Red Son Rising".... Its pretty a cool "what if superman landed in the soviet Ukraine during the cold war" Very entertaining.
  15. The sky
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 09:00
    Originally posted by Mimor
    Reminds me of a mystery story I once read where the detective finds out in the end that he had shot the victim himself, being hypnotised by the real culprit. It wasn't all that convincing, but at least a somewhat interesting idea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree