1. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 21:02
    Originally posted by Mimor
    I'd write a very twisted crime/mystery told from the pov of the criminal except that you wouldn't know that the narrator is the criminal until the end or close to it.
    That's excellent. 🙂 A very good idea.
  2. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 21:11
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    If you could write a book (you were suddenly given the time, talent, and all other factors neatly aligned themselves), what would it be about?

My fiction choice would be to write an epic fantasy, one that's original and awesome. My non-fiction choice right this second would be to write a book about old sailing ships. They have always fascinated me. I would have loved being a sea captain...
    chess
  3. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 21:12
    I'd write a very twisted crime/mystery told from the pov of the criminal except that you wouldn't know that the narrator is the criminal until the end or close to it.
    yes, good.... or however the narrator is a liar, covering up for the murderer
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 21:41
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Reminds me of a mystery story I once read where the detective finds out in the end that he had shot the victim himself, being hypnotised by the real culprit. It wasn't all that convincing, but at least a somewhat interesting idea.
    That's not quite what I had in mind. I've actually put some thought into this (I write books in my head when I'm running) and my narrator would be fully aware of what she had done but due to her peculiar character or something, wouldn't find it worth mentioning. The crime and its aftermath would unfold as she observed the people around her but her role as the perpetrator would only come at the end when she matter-of-factly mentions or does something that makes the reader realize that she has to be the killer.

I think such a story, written by a talented author, could work and be believable enough.
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 21:47
    Originally posted by Sunburnt
    That's excellent. 🙂 A very good idea.
    Thanks. 😀 Now if only the time and talent would magically appear...
  6. The sky
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 21:50
    That's not quite what I had in mind. I've actually put some thought into this (I write books in my head when I'm running) and my narrator would be fully aware of what she had done but due to her peculiar character or something, wouldn't find it worth mentioning. The crime and its aftermath would unfold as she observed the people around her but her role as th ...[text shortened]...

I think such a story, written by a talented author, could work and be believable enough.
    I know it wasn't what you had in mind, it just reminded me of it. I like the idea of the narrator not finding it worth mentioning.

If I had the time, I would write a book about kairos and chronos.
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 22:04
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    If I had the time, I would write a book about kairos and chronos.
    😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree