1. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 14:10
    Hi lads. Just arrived in Ireland - Dublin and going to stay for some days. Any suggestions from who knows the country? Monuments are cool, but I want to know the people.
    From what I got, people are religious, love cricket, golf, gaelic football (cool sport!), and Sunderland. (I saw 0-1 against AV with them - what a reaction!). People go to pubs the earlier they can and get as drunk as they can. 🙂
    Any suggestions?
  2. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 14:11
    Oysters and Guinness!
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 14:26
    Originally posted by serigado
    Hi lads. Just arrived in Ireland - Dublin and going to stay for some days. Any suggestions from who knows the country? Monuments are cool, but I want to know the people.
    From what I got, people are religious, love cricket, golf, gaelic football (cool sport!), and Sunderland. (I saw 0-1 against AV with them - what a reaction!). People go to pubs the earlier they can and get as drunk as they can. 🙂
    Any suggestions?
    Are you staying in Dublin?

To see real Ireland, head somewhere on the West Coast: West Clare, Kerry, Connemara, West Cork.

D
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 14:41

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. the highway to hell
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 17:58
    Any suggestions?
    stay to the south side of the river, check out the coast from the city out to greystones. make sure you have lots of spending money.
    watch out for the red haired dublin women. i should know, i married one of em. catch the excellent leo o' kelly gig at walters, dun laoghaire tonight.
    http://www.myspace.com/leoo39kelly
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 01:17
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    Oysters and Guinness!
    done it! 🙂 thanks 🙂
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 01:19
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

To see real Ireland, head somewhere on the West Coast: West Clare, Kerry, Connemara, West Cork.

D
    yes, I've been said so.
    Been to skerries and malahide. Trying to get a good hostel in galway and maybe a little to the south. Wish I had a car. This is a nice country, but if f*ng cold! Just love the pub life.
  8. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 01:25
    Originally posted by eamon o
    stay to the south side of the river, check out the coast from the city out to greystones. make sure you have lots of spending money.
    watch out for the red haired dublin women. i should know, i married one of em. catch the excellent leo o' kelly gig at walters, dun laoghaire tonight.
    http://www.myspace.com/leoo39kelly
    Yeah. Temple bar rules 😀
    Beautiful red head. Seen more red heads in the past 2 days than in the rest of my life!

missed Leo o'kelly at laoghaire, tonight... where's that exactly? there's another concert on the 30th . Still at Ireland then! Cool music! Your acquaintance?
  9. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 01:26
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
    Yeah, dublin city centre... Been said the best views are on the west coast. Gonna try convince my mates to go there, Thanks a lot!
  10. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 01:27
    Bow down and kiss the Rory Gallagher statues.
  11. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 01:34
    Thank you all! I've been trying some few pubs, this is great. Tomorrow somefriends want to see Belfast. Then I may check Galway and surroundings. Any counseling about that?

I start to believe I can get used to this kind of life. Beautiful red headed and mini-skirted blonds all over the place! I'll have another pint, please!

Any good irish expressions you can teach? Just love all of these!
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 11:411 edit
    Thank you all! I've been trying some few pubs, this is great. Tomorrow somefriends want to see Belfast. Then I may check Galway and surroundings. Any counseling about that?

I start to believe I can get used to this kind of life. Beautiful red headed and mini-skirted blonds all over the place! I'll have another pint, please!

Any good irish expressions you can teach? Just love all of these!
    "slainte" (pro slawncha) before drinking your pint, como Salud en castillano. (EDIT: oh, I thought you were Chilean.)

"pog mo hoin" (pro: pog ma hon) kiss my ass.

"dia dhuit" (pronounced dia guit) hello.

"go raibh maith agait" (pro: g' rev ma a gut)

In Galway city, a nice funky bar is Massimo's. There are also a lot of trad sessions nightly around the place. Superb fish and chips in McDonaghs. If you're in Galway, you should really take a spin out to Connemara, some amazing scenery. I'd also recommend the smallest pub you can find in the smallest vilage you come across to have a bit of craic with the friendly natives.

To make the most of the West, you'll really need to get hold of a car.

D
  13. the highway to hell
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 17:24
    Yeah. Temple bar rules 😀
    Beautiful red head. Seen more red heads in the past 2 days than in the rest of my life!

missed Leo o'kelly at laoghaire, tonight... where's that exactly? there's another concert on the 30th . Still at Ireland then! Cool music! Your acquaintance?
    dun laoghaire is a victorian seaside town just about 5 miles south of the city centre. try to get up close to some of those irish dancing women, its an impressive sight, a bit like being up close to a thoroughbred steeplechaser 😵
  14. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 19:12
    Originally posted by eamon o
    dun laoghaire is a victorian seaside town just about 5 miles south of the city centre. try to get up close to some of those irish dancing women, its an impressive sight, a bit like being up close to a thoroughbred steeplechaser 😵
    Admit it, you just like a good flash of their Knickers 😛

Galway is a beautiful place, and Temple Bar is a Kip.

The Foggy Dew, and Wheelans are good music/indie venues, and on the rare occasions i venture into Dublin city, i always go to them.
  15. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 20:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree