Mr Bean, you either love him or you hate him.

Mr Bean, you either love him or you hate him.

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
26 Aug 11
1 edit

I like Mr Bean. What do you guys say?
Click the icon on the right
Thumbs up if you like him
Thumbs down if you hate / dislike him?

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
26 Aug 11

Originally posted by shahenshah
Greetings Sunil, let's address him directly 🙂 :
Revisit Blackadder Mr Atkinson, revisit or create ANYTHING else, leave this insipid little character alone, you've flogged it to within an inch of its life and all to satisfy the 'wrong' audience..let's hear more about this so called 'inspired character' you created when you thought your time was up, by the side of a road, a few weeks ago...how is the McLaren F1 by the way, can they fix it 😉

Moves
26 Aug 11

indians in general seemed to like mr bean when i was there... i'm indifferent tbh, used to like him as a kid though.

s

Moves
27 Aug 11

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
Greetings Sunil, let's address him directly 🙂 :
Revisit Blackadder Mr Atkinson, revisit or create ANYTHING else, leave this insipid little character alone, you've flogged it to within an inch of its life and all to satisfy the 'wrong' audience..let's hear more about this so called 'inspired character' you created when you thought your time was up, by ...[text shortened]... he side of a road, a few weeks ago...how is the McLaren F1 by the way, can they fix it 😉
ha ha

s

Moves
27 Aug 11

Originally posted by trev33
indians in general seemed to like mr bean when i was there... i'm indifferent tbh, used to like him as a kid though.
tbh?

Moves
27 Aug 11

tbh?
to be honest 🙂

Moves
28 Aug 11

No thumb either way. He's okay, every once in a while. He's just not nearly as funny as Blackadder was - not that he can realistically go back to that one. Bean is probably Rowan Atkinson's least hilarious character, but that still doesn't make him completely unfunny.

Perhaps the best thing I ever saw Atkinson do, well, it's a toss-up between two. Both are cases where he isn't the sole centre of attention, but "just" the focus of the humour which is set up by others. The first is the NTNCN Abu Ben Adhem sketch, and the other is a documentary where he gets the principles of slapstick comedy (mainly pie-slapping) demonstrated on him while someone else (IIRC Angus Deayton) holds a lecture on the subject.

Richard

s

Moves
29 Aug 11

when i was there... i'm indifferent tbh, used to like him as a kid though.
When were you in India and where all did you visit?

s

Moves
29 Aug 11

Originally posted by RevRSleeker

leave this insipid little character alone, you've flogged it to within an inch of its life and all to satisfy the 'wrong' audience..let's hear more about this so called 'inspired character' you created when you thought your time was up, by the side of a road, a few weeks ago...how is the McLaren F1 by the way, can they fix it 😉
Couldn't figure out what you meant? Hope I have posted this one before? No audience in mind. Never seen blackadder. Well he may not be very inspired but the everyday situations are what we can identify with... being late for work and drinking tea hurriedly... or the church scene where everyone sings a new song, except you!

Moves
30 Aug 11

When were you in India and where all did you visit?
late October last year to early april this, 5 1/2 months in total. i was all over, started in mumbai, went up to rajasthan then across agra and varanasi to get to darjeeling, from there went into sikkim to do a trek then back to go into assam, from assam down to chennai and to a few places in the south - madurai, ooty etc. went back to chennai to catch the boat to the andaman islands. when i returned to chennai went to bangalore to see ireland play in the world cup against england and india then off into kerala for a while, from there i went up to ahmedabad to watch the india/aus match (i had bought the ticket before leaving and didn't think i'd have to travel up from kerala to see the match). back down to mumbai to fly back.

s

Moves
30 Aug 11

late October last year to early april this, 5 1/2 months in total. i was all over, .
Wow, you have travelled quite a bit.

e
Exaulted high possum

here...again

Moves
02 Sep 11

I liked Black Adder MUCH more than Mr. Bean. Even Prince Black Adder, The "original" Baldrick in the series, was better than Bean.

Moves
02 Sep 11

Wow, you have travelled quite a bit.
it's just a diverse country, it has to be traveled 🙂
i only went to assam because i was volunteering in the tea plantation for a couple of weeks but it turned out to be my favorite province, everyone was so nice and friendly, not like in many of the more tourist areas where they see a foreigner and think money. even the rickshaw divers in assam didn't try to rip me off.

s

Moves
02 Sep 11
1 edit

it's just a diverse country, it has to be traveled 🙂
i only went to assam ... my favorite province, ...shortened.
Very true, Assam & in general the north east is very beautiful and the people are friendly. It is unfortunate that such tourists spots have silly laws preventing the setting up of industries due to fear of pollution. As a result, the locals have to go to other states for employment.

Did you see the Taj Mahal in Agra?

BTW, the auto/rickshaw drivers rip off not only the foreigners but also people from other states and even towns!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Sep 11

How dare you question the power of Bean? You know your "old" when you cant laugh at Rowan.