1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 02:20
    is pretty fecken good, why didn't anyone tell me this before?
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 08:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 00:54
    His 12 songs cd is terrific.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 01:23
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    no, i just never bothered to take the time to actually listen to him until he was interviewed on bbc radio 2 a couple of weeks ago. 😞
  5. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 08:07
    He has a terrific voice.
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    29 Jun '11 00:52
    He finally made it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year--with Alice Cooper, Leon Russell, etc. One of his comments was "What took ya so long?" I agree.
  7. Standard memberCastleRockDev
    Maharaja of none
    dallas tx
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 03:27
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    He finally made it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year--with Alice Cooper, Leon Russell, etc. One of his comments was "What took ya so long?" I agree.
    maybe it took so long because he is not Italian American
  8. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 08:03
    Some little known facts about Neil Diamond
    Neil Diamond was born Jan24, 1941, in Brooklyn, New York, to a Jewish family descended from Russian and Polish immigrants.
    At Lincoln, the school from which he received his high school diploma, he was a member of the fencing team. He later attended NYU on a fencing scholarship, specializing in épée, and was a member of the 1960 NCAA men's championship team; into his adult life he maintained his swordsmanship skills and continued to warm up with fencing exercises before his concerts. In a live interview with TV talk show host Larry King, Diamond explained his decision to study medicine by pointing out: "I actually wanted to be a laboratory biologist. I wanted to study. And I really wanted to find a cure for cancer. My grandmother had died of cancer. And I was always very good at the sciences. And I thought I would go and try and discover the cure for cancer." However, during his senior year in NYU, a music publishing company made him an offer he could not refuse: an offer to write songs for $50 a week!
    As of 2001 Diamond has sold 115 million records worldwide, including 48 million records in the U.S. In terms of Billboard chart success, he is the third most successful Adult Contemporary artist ever, ranking behind only Barbra Streisand and Elton John.
    Diamond was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1984, and in 2000 he received the Sammy Cahn Lifetime Achievement Award.
    On Monday, March 14, 2011, Neil Diamond was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
    ... from Wikipedia
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 23:341 edit
    I had a Neil Diamond CD in my car when I was doing a favor for a friend and giving her 12-year-old son a ride to a friend's house, and he said: "Dang, my grandma listens to this guy!"

I felt like slapping the little brat.
  10. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 07:04
    At least his grandma has good taste! 🙂 The stuff kids listen to nowadays, some of it is ok the rest feels like someone is hitting me on the head with a frying pan!
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 11:31
    Originally posted by shahenshah
    At least his grandma has good taste! 🙂 The stuff kids listen to nowadays, some of it is ok the rest feels like someone is hitting me on the head with a frying pan!
    Give me an example of the some of it that is ok.
  12. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 11:56
    Here is one modern singer that I like...
    Bruno Mars and the Grenade song and "Just the way you are"
  13. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 11:11
    He wears fancy shiny shirts, and remonds me of a lounge singer that can write good tunes. Levon Helm sure did not like having him on board for The Last Waltz. I like Neal but he does come across somewhat like a Vegas act.
  14. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 15:151 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    is pretty fecken good, why didn't anyone tell me this before?
    What lies behind this sudden admiration? What colour is your hair?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2011229/Neil-Diamond-shocks-audience-smooching-lucky-fan-mid-way-performance.html

😉
  15. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    06 Jul '11 03:45
    To : DrKF
    Good for you, Neil!
    The fan was a 30 year old lady, so what if Neil is 70!

To : Bucky

Check out wiki for what it says about his shirts, etc. If you listen to this audio CDs, (without the visual distractions), the good quality of Neil's music may become apparent to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree