Nimoy was no Landau

Nimoy was no Landau

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
11 May 11

Nimoy was no Landau.

I'm talking Mission:Impossible here.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
11 May 11

Sure. But you should be talking Space: 1999.

F

Moves
11 May 11

========= thread hijacked =========

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
11 May 11
1 edit

SWAT teams will arrive in 5...4...3...

Seriously, Space: 1999 was one of my favourite shows when I was a young'un. I imagine that, like most of these shows, it has aged terribly and so I refuse watching it again. 😏

F

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by Palynka
Space: 1999 was one of my favourite shows when I was a young'un. I imagine that, like most of these shows, it has aged terribly and so I refuse watching it again.
I'm running through Mission:Impossible again at the moment and I reckon it's aged pretty well. I used to like Space: 1999 too. And U.F.O. And The Survivors. And Star Trek when it was syndicated in the early 70s. And Dr.Who. And The Invaders. And The Prisoner.

Moves
28 May 11

But didn't Nimoy win the chess game even after the computer broke down? That was awesome!

Moves
29 May 11

Originally posted by Kunsoo
But didn't Nimoy win the chess game even after the computer broke down? That was awesome!
Pah. Even I can win against a computer that's broken down. (Don't ask about computers that are still working. Please.)

Richard

Moves
29 May 11

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
Pah. Even I can win against a computer that's broken down. (Don't ask about computers that are still working. Please.)

Richard
No, no, no! Back then the organization the heroes worked for had a secret computer that could not lose even to the evil Russian champion. So Nimoy impersonated a chess champion and played a crucial game. I don't remember why it was in America's interest to win, but it was. And so he was wearing glasses from which the good guys were broadcasting the moves to him. But then something went wrong, so Nimoy had to win the endgame on his own!

I mean is that awesome or what?!

F

Moves
30 May 11

No, no, no! Back then the organization the heroes worked for had a secret computer that could not lose even to the evil Russian champion. So Nimoy impersonated a chess champion and played a crucial game. I don't remember why it was in America's interest to win, but it was. And so he was wearing glasses from which the good guys were broadcasting the moves ...[text shortened]... ng went wrong, so Nimoy had to win the endgame on his own!

Aren't you talking about ""A Game of Chess", Episode 17 of Series 2, when Martin Landau had not yet been replaced by Leonard Nimoy in the cast.

T

Moves
30 May 11
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Aren't you talking about ""A Game of Chess", Episode 17 of Series 2, when Martin Landau had not yet been replaced by Leonard Nimoy in the cast.
Actually, Nimoy was so adept at being the "master of disguise" that most were completely unaware that he had already replaced Landau as of the start of the second season. This thread would be better titled as "Landau was no Landau".

Moves
31 May 11

Originally posted by FMF
Uh oh. Is my memory failing me?

Okay, so which one of them won the poker game, when that cheating scheme also failed?

Moves
31 May 11

No, no, no! Back then the organization the heroes worked for had a secret computer that could not lose even to the evil Russian champion. So Nimoy impersonated a chess champion and played a crucial game. I don't remember why it was in America's interest to win, but it was. And so he was wearing glasses from which the good guys were broadcasting the moves ...[text shortened]... ng went wrong, so Nimoy had to win the endgame on his own!

Cheating is what it is. They should sick Greenpawn on him.

Richard

Moves
31 May 11

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
Cheating is what it is. They should sick Greenpawn on him.

Richard
Yeah, but the fact that we had a secret computer way back in 1968 or whenever, which could beat a world champion - that's awesome!

P

weedhopper

Moves
12 Jun 11

Originally posted by FMF
Nimoy was no Landau.

I'm talking Mission:Impossible here.
That's a good thing.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Jun 11

Originally posted by Palynka
SWAT teams will arrive in 5...4...3...

Seriously, Space: 1999 was one of my favourite shows when I was a young'un. I imagine that, like most of these shows, it has aged terribly and so I refuse watching it again. 😏
The Prisoner is still good.

😀