Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. Standard member Raven69
    Different
    05 Nov '10 18:59
    Please read all instructions.

    Non-sentences will be disqualified.
    You will have to participate in the voting or you will be disqualified.
    Only one sentence per person please, if you send/post more than one I'll take the first one unless otherwise specified by you.

    The winner will have a chance to win a subscription!

    I'll always remember my first/when I first/the first time I...


    Complete the sentence in 50 words or less (not including the words I give you).
    You may either PM me your entry or post it here. Deadline is November 18, 2010.
  2. 05 Nov '10 19:08
    Originally posted by Raven69
    [b]Please read all instructions.

    Non-sentences will be disqualified.
    You will have to participate in the voting or you will be disqualified.
    Only one sentence per person please, if you send/post more than one I'll take the first one unless otherwise specified by you.

    The winner will have a chance to win a subscription!

    [quote]I'll always remem ...[text shortened]... you).
    You may either PM me your entry or post it here. Deadline is November 18, 2010.[/b]
    I'll always remember when I inspected the troops and thought, god, those arrows are sharp; he could have someone's eye out if he's not careful! (Harold, Hastings, 1066).
  3. 05 Nov '10 21:46
    I'll always remember the first time I saw her, walking toward me immaculately clothed in a well fitting navy business suit with her long legs being caressed by flesh coloured stockings, her hand firmly clasping the smoking Luger P08 pistol…the blackness engulfed me like cold blanket, but at least the excruciating pain had passed.
  4. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    06 Nov '10 04:42
    I'll always remember the first time I read the November Sentence challenge and had no idea what it meant.
  5. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    06 Nov '10 07:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Raven69
    [b]Please read all instructions.

    Non-sentences will be disqualified.
    You will have to participate in the voting or you will be disqualified.
    Only one sentence per person please, if you send/post more than one I'll take the first one unless otherwise specified by you.

    The winner will have a chance to win a subscription!

    [quote]I'll always remem ...[text shortened]... you).
    You may either PM me your entry or post it here. Deadline is November 18, 2010.[/b]
    I assume we can stick something after 'first' the / substituting for 'blank', right? I'll always remember my first briss, etc.
  6. Standard member Raven69
    Different
    06 Nov '10 15:51
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I assume we can stick something after 'first' the / substituting for 'blank', right? I'll always remember my first briss, etc.
    Yes. You can choose one of:

    I'll always remember my first...
    I'll always remember when I first...
    I'll always remember the first time I...
  7. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    06 Nov '10 21:18
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Yes. You can choose one of:

    I'll always remember my first...
    I'll always remember when I first...
    I'll always remember the first time I...
    Ah, that explains it. I'll always remember my first sentence...
  8. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    07 Nov '10 05:12
    I'll always remember my first/when I first/the first time I couldn't decide how to phrase my words.
  9. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    07 Nov '10 05:13
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Yes. You can choose ONE of:

    I'll always remember my first...
    I'll always remember when I first...
    I'll always remember the first time I...
  10. Subscriber karoly aczel
    Fortnite Kid
    07 Nov '10 17:33
    I'll always remember, (with giddiness and flailing), the first time I was lowered into an open manhole.
  11. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    08 Nov '10 16:01
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'll always remember, (with giddiness and flailing), the first time I was lowered into an open manhole.
    Let's try to keep it family-friendly, please.
  12. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    08 Nov '10 16:13
    I'll always remember when I first had the sense of losing my mind. Small things at first: "missing" car keys found in my pocket. Later, forgetting loved ones' names, unable to find my home. I don't miss it much, sitting in the hazy ether, brown bag full of promise, unsteady in hand, hot in my throat.
  13. 08 Nov '10 19:35
    I'll always remember the first time I opened with nh3 as White. Terrible.
  14. 08 Nov '10 20:27
    I'll always remember the first time, and with fondness as I happened to be holidaying in Barcelona at that particular moment, when.....no, I tell a lie....that was something completely different!
  15. Subscriber karoly aczel
    Fortnite Kid
    09 Nov '10 00:47
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Let's try to keep it family-friendly, please.
    Why?