October Sentence Voting

October Sentence Voting

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
27 Oct 10

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Oh Boo Hoo We had a bad month, give us a break, Taskmaster. 🙁
Yeah, that's what I said. 😕

You're just reading too much into my comment.

R
Different

Moves
27 Oct 10

Originally posted by Palynka
Yeah, that's what I said. 😕

You're just reading too much into my comment.
What did you say about my weight??

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
27 Oct 10

Originally posted by Raven69
What did you say about my weight??
You throw it around.

m

Moves
27 Oct 10

Originally posted by Raven69
A. I guess my Osama Bin Laden outfit running down times square was not my best Halloween costume idea.

B. Dressing up as an Arab and going to flight school, was not my best Halloween costume idea.

C. Dressing up as an altar boy for the Bishop's Holloween party was not my best Halloween costume idea.

D. Having no taste for whipped cream, I guess dres ...[text shortened]... h sixteen gay men, I realised that going out naked was not my best Halloween costume idea.
1) B
2) K
3) H

🙂

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
27 Oct 10

1. E
2. J
3. I

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
27 Oct 10

g,j,k

MC

Moves
27 Oct 10

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
We are two thirds through October and we need time to vote, announce the winners, and have a well earned holiday before November's grueling contest.
You are incapable of voting during November? It would not be impossible to compose a sentence after you vote.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
27 Oct 10

Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
You are incapable of voting during November? It would not be impossible to compose a sentence after you vote.
What? Have the vote first and then submit the entries? Not impossible, I suppose, but completely irrational.

D
incipit parodia

Moves
27 Oct 10

E, G, C

Agreed that this works best when it's not just a set-up for a gag of some kind...

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
27 Oct 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
They all suck. Including mine.
Next!
*hangs head in shame and agreement*

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
28 Oct 10

Originally posted by DrKF
Agreed that this works best when it's not just a set-up for a gag of some kind...
The sentence suffix was quite leading this month, containing subject, object, event, motivation and resolution, which didn't leave much scope for invention and diversity. So most of the entries are just a rehash of the same obvious theme. Something more abstract needed next time...

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
28 Oct 10

The sentence suffix was quite leading this month, containing subject, object, event, motivation and resolution, which didn't leave much scope for invention and diversity. So most of the entries are just a rehash of the same obvious theme. Something more abstract needed next time...
_______________________ would be like trying to sit in a chair if your knees bent the other way.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
28 Oct 10

Originally posted by uzless
_______________________ would be like trying to sit in a chair if your knees bent the other way.
From the swirling mist____________________________silence.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
28 Oct 10

From the swirling mist____________________________silence.
____________________________________, but most people use it for ______________.

R
Different

Moves
28 Oct 10

Thank you for all the votes. The winners have been decided!

3rd place: C. Dressing up as an altar boy for the Bishop's Holloween party was not my best Halloween costume idea. – duecer

2nd place: H. As I stumbled through the streets of Harlem, bloodied, bruised and trailing the remnants of a now red-stained sheet behind me, I reflected on the choice that I had made: given that I had a wizard's hat and cloak from last year anyway, a ghost costume was not my best Halloween costume idea. – DrKF

And 1st place!: E. Mud-painted torso, boot-polished face, loinskin unfurled to the floor; with his final, cordite-soiled breath during the course of the Zulu Wars, Colonel Curuthers clutched feebly at his makeshift shield and spear... and gasped "Ye Gads, this was not my best Halloween costume idea." – Gatecrasher

Congratulations, and Happy Halloween!