1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Sep '13 21:593 edits
    First one by Liberace: I have to correct myself, the Minuet in G by Paderewski actually. Sorry about that🙂

YouTube

And by the master himself:

YouTube

A lot more charming by the master's hand, eh! Slower and with rubato.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '13 22:491 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    First one by Liberace: I have to correct myself, the Minuet in G by Paderewski actually. Sorry about that🙂

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tUrMuqS2uQ

And by the master himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9IBBd-9aRM

A lot more charming by the master's hand, eh! Slower and with rubato.
    For the longest time he was considered the best on earth until Rubinstein & Rachmaninoff exploded onto the scene. I love his poetry and incredible depth. His minuet was one of my first loves in piano music.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 13:23
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    For the longest time he was considered the best on earth until Rubinstein & Rachmaninoff exploded onto the scene. I love his poetry and incredible depth. His minuet was one of my first loves in piano music.
    AND he was made Prime Minister of Poland to top it off! How many musicians ever got that high in ANY government?
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 22:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    AND he was made Prime Minister of Poland to top it off! How many musicians ever got that high in ANY government?
    He's the only one I know of who was both a musician and an able politician. He was an able ruler and governed with distinction and compassion.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 11:43
    Here's a wonderfully witty Paderewski quote:

When introduced to an athlete he was confused with."You are both leaders in your spheres, though the spheres are very different." "Not so very different," Paderewski replied. "You are a dear soul who plays polo, and I am a poor Pole who plays solo."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree