1. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 18:03
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    Third installment now available. Check it out if you've ever wondered what a nonorientable guitar would sound like.

Also, the work of other, better writers will soon be coming to this blog!
    COOL but I gotta read that twice 😕.
  2. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 22:04
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    Third installment now available. Check it out if you've ever wondered what a nonorientable guitar would sound like.

Also, the work of other, better writers will soon be coming to this blog!
    Excellent. I read part 2 a couple days ago. Looking forward to part 3.
  3. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 22:142 edits
    Originally posted by Sunburnt
    COOL but I gotta read that twice 😕.
    (SPOILER ALERT FOR THE ARBMEISTER)

Aye, I had a lot of trouble making the description clear, and I didn't really succeed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobius_strip

The first picture there represents the curved part of the guitar's body. Notice that the edge of it is a single (deformed) circle. On an ordinary guitar, the corresponding piece has an edge consisting of two (deformed) circles, and each has a piece of wood (the front and back of the guitar) glued along its edge to one of these circles. Juja's guitar has a single piece of wood (the frack, or the bont) glued in a seriously warped way along the single circle.

Oh crikey, on second reading Part 3 needs a serious copy editor. "I must except"?
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    12 Jan '09 17:21
    http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/knit/scarfmb.shtml
  5. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    12 Jan '09 19:15
    Originally posted by Starrman
    http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/knit/scarfmb.shtml
    Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for: from beyond the grave....

Maybe Part 5 of ANFC will be about necromancy.
  6. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 19:401 edit
    Parts 5 and 6 are up, for anyone interested. Beluapal vulgaris has made its first appearance, and it smells like the interior of its own ass!

EDIT I should also add that another author, familiar to many of you, is sprinkling an essay-in-series into the mix. Check out "Graphology 101" at the same site. Also, arriving in the next few weeks will be another story-in-series from an author unknown to any of you. I've read some bits: it will be good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree