Prose comp voting

Prose comp voting

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
05 May 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Nordlys
I had a look at my bookshelf. I almost chose Stella, but Lucy sounded better. It's all Lucy Blackman's fault.

Why did you call her Lucy?
I didn't realise it at the time, but i took it from the illiteration of " I love Lucy", an old TV program. I took a couple of poetry techniques that i learned back in school, and tried to incorperate them into the piece. I made a concious decision to use certain words in both the "live lucy", and "Dead Lucy", and i also tried not to give her a nationality .

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
I didn't realise it at the time, but i took it from the illiteration of " I love Lucy", an old TV program. I took a couple of poetry techniques that i learned back in school, and tried to incorperate them into the piece. I made a concious decision to use certain words in both the "live lucy", and "Dead Lucy", and i also tried not to give her a nationality .
There was one thing I didn't like, the use of "gingerly" twice, very close together. I was wondering if you reused it intentionally.

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Please don't patronize me, won't sully your precious writing competitions again.

P-
LOL, I should have guessed that one was yours, you're such a prude. I liked it, but found the woman in the story irritating. Kept waiting for her to pull out a hairbrush or something, to start seductively brushing her hair, the tease. 😛

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
06 May 08

Did we find out yet who wrote Untitled 2 and 4?

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
06 May 08

By the way, Mimor, what does the title of your story mean in this context? As I said when I voted, I couldn't figure that out at all.

Another thing I couldn't figure out is the connection between the theme of the comp and "Sh;t Story". I thought it was well-written, and I would probably have voted for it if I had been able to find even a loose connection ...[text shortened]... lighten me? Oh yes, and I can't see the connection between the theme and Untitled 3 either.
There was a theme? Should have been mentioned in this thread's starter; for the benefit of those who did not enter and only pitched up to vote.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
06 May 08

When the next comp? Once a year for novels, maybe; but way too long between rounds of prose.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by pawnhandler
Did we find out yet who wrote Untitled 2 and 4?
I already admitted to Untitled 4. Since you missed the post, you probably also missed my congratulations to you, so consider them reiterated 😀.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
I already admitted to Untitled 4. Since you missed the post, you probably also missed my congratulations to you, so consider them reiterated 😀.
Thanks! Yes, I missed it, sort of. I saw your name and that you have chess moves, and that seemed to be a new development, so I got distracted. Short attention span; sorry! 😳

N

The sky

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
I already admitted to Untitled 4.
And Natsia admitted (indirectly) to Untitled 2. I find it a bit worrying that apparently the winner of the comp can't read.

N

The sky

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
There was a theme? Should have been mentioned in this thread's starter; for the benefit of those who did not enter and only pitched up to vote.
Good point. But didn't you wonder why there were so many cats and birds in the stories?

"A cat may lead to darker things, but a bird is just too flighty."

S

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
Sorry Gatecrasher. The original thread had the theme planted on page three. I had started it to find out if people were interested and I presumed that people who'd shown interest would see the page three post with all the rules and the subsequent discussion after which concerned them. My apologies to anyone who didn't see this, next time (if there is one) I'll be sure to make it more clear.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
06 May 08

And Natsia admitted (indirectly) to Untitled 2. I find it a bit worrying that apparently the winner of the comp can't read.
Nah, the apparent winner has a brain that doesn't retain much information. Still waiting to hear if I have a contract for next year or not 😛 Everything else has to fit around that.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by Starrman
Sorry Gatecrasher. The original thread had the theme planted on page three. I had started it to find out if people were interested and I presumed that people who'd shown interest would see the page three post with all the rules and the subsequent discussion after which concerned them. My apologies to anyone who didn't see this, next time (if there is one) I'll be sure to make it more clear.
Took me several messages with Sunburnt to figure out I missed that. I had to change my story as you know. The other version WAS HOT!

P-

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Took me several messages with Sunburnt to figure out I missed that. I had to change my story as you know. The other version WAS HOT!

P-
You really outdid yourself, Phlab. Well done.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by Palynka
You really outdid yourself, Phlab. Well done.
HI!🙂