Prose comp voting

Prose comp voting

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Starrman
Nous avons les champions!

En premiere: [b]Untitled 1
- 27 points
En deuxieme: Durga - 25 points
En thirdieme: Lets call her Lucy - 18 points
En Audi Quatro: Dialogue - 17 points
Five gold rings: Diary - 15 points
Stack of bricks: Untitled 3 - 7 points
7even starring Brad Pitt: Untitled 4 - 5 points
At ...[text shortened]... ee to discuss the entries hereafter if the authors want to make themselves public, please do so.[/b]
Congratulations Pawnhandler! Nice job.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by SJ247
Congratulations Pawnhandler! Nice job.
Wow!! 😀😀 I thought I'd probably come in third or fourth!! Thanks! And thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for any of the entries!!

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Starrman
Nous avons les champions!

En premiere: [b]Untitled 1
- 27 points
En deuxieme: Durga - 25 points
En thirdieme: Lets call her Lucy - 18 points
En Audi Quatro: Dialogue - 17 points
Five gold rings: Diary - 15 points
Stack of bricks: Untitled 3 - 7 points
7even starring Brad Pitt: Untitled 4 - 5 points
At ...[text shortened]... ee to discuss the entries hereafter if the authors want to make themselves public, please do so.[/b]
Congrats to pawnhandler and all other participants on a job well done!

Ok, so who wrote what?

Inquiring minds need to know.

M

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by pawnhandler
Wow!! 😀😀 I thought I'd probably come in third or fourth!! Thanks! And thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for any of the entries!!
Congratulations! It's a very well-deserved win.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
05 May 08

Well done, pawnhandler!

(@ Arby's inquiring mind: I wrote "Untitled 4".)

M

Moves
05 May 08

"Durga" was mine.

N
Lippy Brat

Moves
05 May 08

I'm the 1100z33rrrr.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
05 May 08

Well done!!

S

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Mimor
"Durga" was mine.
Well done, I really liked it.

I wrote Dialogue.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
05 May 08

I wrote "Let's call her Lucy"

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
I wrote "Let's call her Lucy"
I hated that story, but had to vote for it because it was written better than others. Huck, don't show me your dark side again. You made me cry.

I wrote the Pilgrim erotica "Plymouth Rock". Was that the only 'light hearted' story besides Untitled 1?

P-

N

The sky

Moves
05 May 08

Congratulations, pawnhandler! Glad to see a Gnipe win (as usual)! 😀

I have a subscription for the second-last place in the prose comp. My consolation is that none of those I asked to guess which one was mine got it right, so at least it seems that it doesn't sound horribly German, but just horrible. (I wrote "Memories".)

N

The sky

Moves
05 May 08

By the way, Mimor, what does the title of your story mean in this context? As I said when I voted, I couldn't figure that out at all.

Another thing I couldn't figure out is the connection between the theme of the comp and "Sh;t Story". I thought it was well-written, and I would probably have voted for it if I had been able to find even a loose connection. Maybe the author can enlighten me? Oh yes, and I can't see the connection between the theme and Untitled 3 either.

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I hated that story, but had to vote for it because it was written better than others. Huck, don't show me your dark side again. You made me cry.
I'm impressed, I didn't take Huck for a literary nutcase. I loved it.

M

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
By the way, Mimor, what does the title of your story mean in this context? As I said when I voted, I couldn't figure that out at all.

Another thing I couldn't figure out is the connection between the theme of the comp and "Sh;t Story". I thought it was well-written, and I would probably have voted for it if I had been able to find even a loose connection ...[text shortened]... lighten me? Oh yes, and I can't see the connection between the theme and Untitled 3 either.
It refers to a Hindu warrior goddess who is often depicted riding on a white or gold lion which she uses as a weapon and she also is said to represent the refusal of nature to be subjugated. I liked the idea of Durga manifesting through a homicidal housecat. 🙂