1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '09 20:45
    Originally posted by Traveling Again
    I'm positive that if you've listened to Radiohead -- and I mean really listened to them -- you will agree that that are the most incredible band recording music today. "In Rainbows" -- one of the best albums ever made. "Kid A" -- incredible. "Hail to the Thief" ... etc etc etc etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTFjVm9sTQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmNG2D81x3Y
    I've tried to get it with radiohead but I just don't. Some interesting ideas on the bends but all a bit overrated and depressing.

Coldplay are like radiohead but without the ideas.

Kings without clothes all.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '09 21:22
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Do you reckon he shows his dates that unique talent on the first date? I'll bet he saves it for the all important third date to help him seal the deal.
    redneck alert

*currxxxzzz*

redneck alert
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '09 21:24
    damien rice is better than radiohead.
  4. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    26 Feb '09 22:272 edits
    just listened to "volcano." [edit: and "rootless tree"] i dig his sound. any other rice favorites?
  5. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    27 Feb '09 03:54
    Radiohead strengths are in their songwriting and in th enginerring of their songs.

The songwriting strength is evident in that jazz musicians have interpreted their songs and that they have garnered much respect in jazz magazines. You won't find such respect liberally applied in jazz circles to rock bandsvery often. That alone will cause their musical effect to last long into the future.

The recordings are structured and layered fantastically.

The polarization lies in if you like Thom Yorke or not. To me his singing comes staright from his heart and soul.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '09 15:15
    Originally posted by Traveling Again
    just listened to "volcano." [edit: and "rootless tree"] i dig his sound. any other rice favorites?
    everything in 'o' is excellent.

cannonball and cheer darlin' would be my 2 favorites probably.

but they're all very good.
  7. Out there somewhere
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 10:48
    Originally posted by trev33
    damien rice is better than radiohead.
    Never in a million years. Rice is good musician and Lisa Hannigan adds a lot to the band but he's travelling a well trodden route and there are better musicians who did or are doing the same style, try Nick Drake, Bon Iver, Will Oldham etc.

Radiohead do stand out from the crowd without a doubt. I don't know any band who has made a top class rock album like The bends and then embraced electronic music and effects and created quite unique albums like Kid A and In Rainbows.

And I like the way fans of the band have completely different favourite songs. For me its their more experimental songs like Pyramid Song, Idioteque, Weird Fishes_Arpeggi, 15 Step etc.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 14:141 edit
    im in the "they are the greatest band on earth" camp, but arcade fire and british seapower are not for behind for me.

check out b-seapower,
    YouTube&feature=related

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree