Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    12 Dec '12 14:05
    Father of Norah Jones and father of bringing Indian music to the west died today.

    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1698756/ravi-shankar-dies-nora-jones-father.jhtml
  2. 13 Dec '12 02:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Father of Norah Jones and father of bringing Indian music to the west died today.

    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1698756/ravi-shankar-dies-nora-jones-father.jhtml
    A true cultural icon. May he rest in peace. I loved his music. Have you ever hear his sitar concerto? Excellent.
  3. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    13 Dec '12 17:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    A true cultural icon. May he rest in peace. I loved his music. Have you ever hear his sitar concerto? Excellent.
    I have a couple of Shanker's on vinyl but nothing with an orchestra which I assume is what you are talking about. On Youtube?

    Found Concerto #2 on youtube:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rALMGj9Hz34
  4. 14 Dec '12 00:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I have a couple of Shanker's on vinyl but nothing with an orchestra which I assume is what you are talking about. On Youtube?

    Found Concerto #2 on youtube:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rALMGj9Hz34
    I don't think this is it. I used to own a recording, but got rid of it once my tape player broke and repalced with a CD player. It did not have any flute parts, was livelier and may have been with the LSO.