Standard memberapathist
Culture 14 May '13 20:51
  1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 May '13 20:51
    pants below buttocks

Dont know if the prison "I'm available" meme is true, or if there are other reasons, or whatever. I do know that they have clean underwear and are just people. I suppose they don't plan on running much.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 May '13 02:48
    Whatever the reasons it is repulsive, unseemly, sends a signal of low IQ, in your face attitude and is fairly repugnant.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    16 May '13 20:58
    I understand that reaction, maybe I still hold it. But the same sort of things were said of, eg, bell-bottoms, right?

Don't you believe that dogmatism is to be resisted?
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 May '13 21:12
    I never heard any such thing said about bell bottoms. How is dogmatic to find repulsive, well, repulsive? Bell bottoms may have looked unattractive, but had a fashion precedent in sailor pants of a bygone era. Not even close to apples and oranges. I doubt anyone ever feared a bell bottom clad youth whereas today their aggressive look whilst sagging, grabbing their crotch sends an immediate rape chill up any woman's spine. Recently there was a youth thus attired and walking about with an open shirt. A female cop stopped him and disgustedly ordered him to pull up his pants and button up the shirt.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 May '13 20:39
    Rhetoric is one thing. Meet a man with a huge sense of humor and a pretty good street game of chess who would never hurt you or yours, and maybe your dogmatism is highlighted.

I am sure there was an entire generation who judged bell-bottoms.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '13 22:33
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Whatever the reasons it is repulsive, unseemly, sends a signal of low IQ, in your face attitude and is fairly repugnant.
    Well, I imagine it helps them talk out their ass.....
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 May '13 12:24
    No doubt bell bottoms were talked about, but no one crossed over to other side of the street because of bell bottoms.

I met such a fanciful street chess dude in Memphis, TN. He has his board set up on Beale St. Asked five bucks a game. I asked his rating. He asked what I meant. I told him in Washington Square Park in NYC you can play blitz with a GM for $5. He says, black belt, but rusty so perhaps only brown at present. His board was set up with pieces on wrong squares and rotated board. I walked away. I saw him again my next trip to Memphis. No more board. I asked what happened. "I gots my ass kicked by six year old who scolded me about how I set my board!" he said. "I gave up chess for now!" He then offers to tell me the story of Jazz for $5. I walked away again!
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 May '13 21:47
    The rotated board doesn't bother me too much. I struggle to not expect en passant though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree