1. Joined
    06 Mar '13
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 23:17
    before i say anything i realize that you are fools.

i speak only to the intelligent who have read a book, written a book or gave a book to someone to read.

i wish no reply from those who live in the live of soccer and swill. ( you do not belong here. go find another forum ).

children are in danger. education is in danger.

the written page is the scriptorium being burned by the ipad vikings

twenty years ago i turned off my televison and raised my children without it.

my son has today the job of his ambition, a crime reporter on a major newspaper.'

my daughter, teaches third grade children in a utah elementary school.

had i allowed them to watch mtv, junk tv, etc., perhaps they would have not found wellness.

you who love television and rock stars and allow your children to do the same are fools.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 02:10
    All those years without a tv and you didnt read a chess book?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Mar '13 19:18
    Originally posted by roasted porkchop
    my son has today the job of his ambition, a crime reporter on a major newspaper.'

my daughter, teaches third grade children in a utah elementary school.

had i allowed them to watch mtv, junk tv, etc., perhaps they would have not found wellness.
    But they would have found balance, which will serve them well when they're looking for their next jobs.
  4. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 11:21
    my son has today the job of his ambition, a crime reporter on a major newspaper.

I'm quite sure he doesn't use an i-pad for his work, to send information on live crime, or discovered crime, in order for the paper to be the first to publish it! 😀

I'm sure that nothing he writes about, regarding crimes, is covered by TV channels also 😀

-m.
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 13:56
    Originally posted by roasted porkchop
    twenty years ago i turned off my televison and raised my children without it.
    Apology accepted. No need to beat yourself up about it.

It's a pity that they will have missed out on so much, but as you say, they have done alright despite this.
  6. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    16 Mar '13 11:562 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    All those years without a tv and you didnt read a chess book?
    Mr Porkchops 800 rating is deceiving, after being a member for only 9 days, he resigns almost all of his games at a very early stage for no apparent reason, even when he's winning .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree