1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 01:361 edit
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    And you consider me nice? I've lost count of the number of times I've abused you, called you a drug dealing vagrant and questioned your ancestry.
    I've never met you and until now never associated you in any way with Canada, though I suppose since you started this thread I should have. Why would I look up your nation? You don't interest me that much, and your post did not make your nationality clear.

I guess Canadians are diverse!
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 01:39
    Originally posted by darvlay
    No, that's me.
    Ha! I was going to mention you when I saw that post.
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 17:13
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I've never met you and until now never associated you in any way with Canada, though I suppose since you started this thread I should have. Why would I look up your nation? You don't interest me that much, and your post did not make your nationality clear.

I guess Canadians are diverse!
    You know you love me.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 17:38
    I'd sooner see Farely Mowat and Wayne Gretzky on your list.
    Isn't sport a very important part of Canadian culture?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 17:46
    canada is full of you communist loving dirty liberals
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 17:56
    Originally posted by EmLasker
    canada is full of you communist loving dirty liberals
    Communist, loving, dirty liberals. Sounds like fun.
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 19:133 edits
    I'll tell you why they don't. I don't know everyone on the list without having to look them up. If I, as a Canadian, am completely unfamiliar with some of the people on your list, you've FAILED. They can hardly personify Canada if nobody knows who the hell they are. I'd sooner see Farely Mowat and Wayne Gretzky on your list.

Christ, it's like talking to ATY.
    Pfft. One of the reasons why Canada doesn't have much of a culture is because dingledorps like you have no idea where this nation came from. You have no idea of the people that built this country beyond what you read on the back of your Burger King hot dog wrapper. It's people like you that complain about the lack of Canadian culture yet contribute nothing to it. Culture is based on a shared common history, but you don't even know what that history is. And just because you and a whole bunch of other zero-attention-span endomorphs couldn't concentrate long enough to remember your own Grade 5 History class, it doesn't mean the people i've listed aren't emblamatic of what it means to be a Canadian. Your ignorance is sickening cupcake.

😞

1. Billy Green - risked his life to inform the british where the US camp was set during the War of 1812 resulting in a massive British victory
    2. Laura Secord - risked her life to warn the British of an impending US attack during the War of 1812 by travelling alone all night through the forest.
    3. Issac Brock -General Brock led the Canadian contingent succesffuly defending Queenston Heights in the Niagara Region and driving the Americans back across the Niagara River. He was killed by a sniper. He was so respected by the Americans as a soldier that the AMERICANS gave him a 21 gun salute after the battle was over. There is a now a monument in his honour in Queenston Heights near Niagara Falls. Brock University in Ontario named after him.
    4. John Murray - I'll let you discover this one on your own.
    5. G. Wolfe - Lead the British attack on the Plains of Abraham vs the French General Montcalm. This was the decisive battle that turned Canada over to British rule from French rule and split the nation down linguistic lines forever.
    6. Wop May - helped shoot down the "RED BARRON". Immortalized by the Stompin Tom Connors song.
    7. T. Douglas - Brought socialized medicine to Canadians
    8. L. Real - Led the Red river rebellion and the Northern Rebellion while standing up for Metis rights. Was wrongly executed by the British.
    9. P. Berton - perhaps canada's greatest novelist having written many many books about canada.
    10. S. Fleming - founding father of Canada who helped build the railway. A college in Ontario named after him.
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 19:48
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Isn't sport a very important part of Canadian culture?
    If you believe stereotypes, sure.
  9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 20:52
    Originally posted by uzless
    If you believe stereotypes, sure.
    So it's not an important part of Canadian culture?
  10. Playing with matches
    Moves
    27 Sep '08 00:54
    Pfft. One of the reasons why Canada doesn't have much of a culture is because dingledorps like you have no idea where this nation came from. You have no idea of the people that built this country beyond what you read on the back of your Burger King hot dog wrapper. It's people like you that complain about the lack of Canadian culture yet contribute nothing ...[text shortened]... father of Canada who helped build the railway. A college in Ontario named after him.
    Pffft! I wasn't aware Burger King sold hot dogs.

Your examples are averaging 100 years old. Way to go, you've really got me on the ropes with ancient examples of obscure Canadians.

All white as well? Are you a racist? Do you have no respect for the cultural diversity of Canada? Couldn't you throw in a couple of Indians or half-breed Koreans to round out the list?

Come back to me when you're serious. I contributed to the culture by leaving and making some US DOLLAR$Z. Get educated in Canuck lamd and sell your services to the highest bidder seems to be the trend. What have you done to contribute to Canadian culture other than snarf down thousands of Tim Horton's donuts?

I now need 15 people on the list as 10 doesn't seem to be enough of a challenge for you.
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 02:39
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    So it's not an important part of Canadian culture?
    One aspect sure. But more than just hockey pucks feed a nation.
  12. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 03:10
    Pffft! I wasn't aware Burger King sold hot dogs.

Your examples are averaging 100 years old. Way to go, you've really got me on the ropes with ancient examples of obscure Canadians.

All white as well? Are you a racist? Do you have no respect for the cultural diversity of Canada? Couldn't you throw in a couple of Indians or half-breed Korean ...[text shortened]...
    I now need 15 people on the list as 10 doesn't seem to be enough of a challenge for you.
    You outta get some platform shoes cuz this is all going right over your head.

You are correct when you say you contributed to the culture by leaving. Addition by subtraction.

You're lucky you left before Joseph Brant could get his hands on you. Maybe you've been spending too much time with Tommy Chong? Or does he look too much like David Suzuki to you? When you lived here were you holed up in Charlie Biddle's basement? Did you take the Lincoln Alexander highway on your way outta Canada?

It's funny you ask about my cultural contributions. I'm a member of a cultural funding organization here in Toronto. Our foundation has given financial and organizational support to the following cultural institututions and projects.

Toronto Symphony Orchestra
    Canadian Opera Company
    National Ballet School
    Royal Conservatory of Music
    Royal Ontario Museum
    National Art Galley
    Winter Garden Theatre

Festivals:

Word on the Street
    Canadian National Exhibition
    Caribbana
    Nuit Blanche Festival
    Taste of the Danforth Festival
    Toronto International Film Festival
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 17:002 edits
    One aspect sure. But more than just hockey pucks feed a nation.
    Sure -- like my country -- just got to look under the right stones ...

One jewel in Canada's crown has to be widget.
  14. Playing with matches
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 13:33
    You outta get some platform shoes cuz this is all going right over your head.

You are correct when you say you contributed to the culture by leaving. Addition by subtraction.

You're lucky you left before Joseph Brant could get his hands on you. Maybe you've been spending too much time with Tommy Chong? Or does he look too much like David Suzuki to ...[text shortened]...
    Nuit Blanche Festival
    Taste of the Danforth Festival
    Toronto International Film Festival
    I hate the Sky dome and the CN Tower too
    I hate Nathan Phillips Square and the Ontario Zoo
    The rents too high, the airs unclean
    The beaches are dirty and the people are mean
    And the women are big and the men are dumb
    And the children are loopy 'cause they live in a slum
    The water is polluted and the mayor's a dork
    They dress real bad and they think they're New York
    In Toronto, Ontario

"You know, actually I think I hate all of Ontario"

I hate Thunder Bay and Ottawa
    Kitchener, Windsor, and Oshawa
    London sucks and the Great Lakes suck
    And Sarnia sucks and Turkey Point Sucks

I took a trip to Ontario to visit Brian Mulrooney
    He beat me up and he stole my pants and he put me in a tree
    I went to see the Maple Leafs and got hit in the head with a puck

"I don't even know how they did it, I was playing the organ at the time!"

Ontario Sucks

"actually, now that I really think about it, I think I pretty much hate every gosh darn province and territory in our country! Except Alberta, yeah I love Alberta, lots of cows, trees, rocks, dirt"

I hate Newfoundland 'cause they talk so weird
    And Prince Edward Island is too small
    Nova Scotia's dumb 'cause its the name of a bank
    New Brunswick doesn't have a good mall
    Quebec is revolting and it makes me mad
    Ontario sucks, Ontario sucks,

"Manitoba's population density is 1.9 people per square kilometer. Now isn't that stupid!?"

Saskatchewan is boring and the people are old
    And as for the territories, they're too cold!

"And the only really good thing about the province of British Columbia is that its right next to us!"

'Cause Alberta doesn't suck
    But Calgary does
  15. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 14:381 edit
    I hate the Sky dome and the CN Tower too
    I hate Nathan Phillips Square and the Ontario Zoo
    The rents too high, the airs unclean
    The beaches are dirty and the people are mean
    And the women are big and the men are dumb
    And the children are loopy 'cause they live in a slum
    The water is polluted and the mayor's a dork
    They dress real bad and they t t its right next to us!"

'Cause Alberta doesn't suck
    But Calgary does
    I remember when your tongue was sharp and your wits were keen,
    Now you're nothing but another RHP has-been.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree