Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

1. Subscriber apathist
    looking for loot
    27 Apr '17 01:40 / 2 edits
    A lot of fun movies, but the actor is a scientologist. Let's call that even.

But Cruise cannot be Jack Reacher, WTF is wrong with everyone who thinks otherwise.
  2. Subscriber apathist
    looking for loot
    27 Apr '17 01:47
    6'2, 240lbs, slab muscles and gorilla arms. Not a pretty face. Wtf kinda casting agent sends cruise that way.
  3. 27 Apr '17 12:26
    He cast himself as he has the rights. It's all about the star pulling power and money.

I didn't like the first film 'Reacher', not because it starred Tom Cruise as the big man, but because it failed to portray his morality accurately, oh and had him driving a car. I've not seen the second one yet, but will give it a look when it appears on Netflix/Amazon/TV.

Who would you have cast? I thought Liam Neeson could work, right age, build, action pedigree, and a nose broken multiple times from being a boxer.
  4. Standard member karoly aczel
    Console Peasant
    27 Apr '17 23:59
    Originally posted by Paul A Roberts
    He cast himself as he has the rights. It's all about the star pulling power and money.

I didn't like the first film 'Reacher', not because it starred Tom Cruise as the big man, but because it failed to portray his morality accurately, oh and had him driving a car. I've not seen the second one yet, but will give it a look when it appears on Netf ...[text shortened]... ld work, right age, build, action pedigree, and a nose broken multiple times from being a boxer.
    Any one but Cruise. Isn't he like 5'2" not 6'2" ?
  5. Subscriber apathist
    looking for loot
    28 Apr '17 02:20
    Originally posted by Paul A Roberts
    I didn't like the first film 'Reacher', not because it starred Tom Cruise as the big man, but because it failed to portray his morality accurately, oh and had him driving a car. ...
    I know he had no drivers license, but didn't he drive in the books?

What do you mean about his morality?
  6. Subscriber apathist
    looking for loot
    28 Apr '17 02:23
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Any one but Cruise. Isn't he like 5'2" not 6'2" ?
    A bit over five and a half. Google who should play jack reacher, and it seems I didn't invent this issue. Btw here is something on the subject from the author!

http://www.signature-reads.com/2012/12/lee-child-on-tom-cruise-jack-reacher-and-passing-the-baton/
  7. Subscriber apathist
    looking for loot
    28 Apr '17 02:25 / 1 edit
    I seem to remember the cop tossing the toothbrush into the trashcan. Was that Child?
  8. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    06 Jun '17 17:27
    Originally posted by apathist
    A bit over five and a half. Google who should play jack reacher, and it seems I didn't invent this issue. Btw here is something on the subject from the author!

http://www.signature-reads.com/2012/12/lee-child-on-tom-cruise-jack-reacher-and-passing-the-baton/
    I vote for carrot top!