What is Noodles NOT Watching

What is Noodles NOT Watching

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
21 May 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
This game is too easy. You should try to guess what shows I have seen instead.
Monty Python's Flying Circus. 😏

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
21 May 08

Star Trek.

We done yet?

P-

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
21 May 08

Debbie does Hollywood?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
21 May 08

Originally posted by Seitse
Debbie does Hollywood?
What the hell are they showing on TV where you are?

P-

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
21 May 08

X-Files?

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
21 May 08

Originally posted by rbmorris
X-Files?
No, that would be Skeeter.

I don't think that show would translate well to foreign languages. Take German, for example. The speed and volume would exceed that of Mulder's calm, collected skepticism, and throw off his character's appeal.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
21 May 08

Originally posted by GalaxyShield
No, that would be Skeeter.

I don't think that show would translate well to foreign languages. Take German, for example. The speed and volume would exceed that of Mulder's calm, collected skepticism, and throw off his character's appeal.
Subtitles.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
21 May 08

Originally posted by Palynka
Subtitles.
Nah, half the appeal of the characters are their mysterious voices. Plus, you might freak yourself out since you hear the whole show in your own voice. Suddenly it would all seem so feasible.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
21 May 08

Nah, half the appeal of the characters are their mysterious voices. Plus, you might freak yourself out since you hear the whole show in your own voice. Suddenly it would all seem so feasible.
They could do like MXC here in the US (http://www.mytvisonfire.com/couchpotato/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/mxc_s2.jpg) and change the whole thing entirely to suit the audience.

P-

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
21 May 08

FAIL

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
21 May 08

FAIL
You fail.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
21 May 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
They could do like MXC here in the US (http://www.mytvisonfire.com/couchpotato/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/mxc_s2.jpg) and change the whole thing entirely to suit the audience.

P-
Then sure. That would work. But I still doubt Noodles has seen the X-Files.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
21 May 08

You fail.
Just because you have to read subtitles out loud and "hear the whole show in your own voice" doesn't mean others can't. Besides, by that age, I'm sure Noodles already knew English.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
21 May 08

Just because you have to read subtitles out loud and "hear the whole show in your own voice" doesn't mean others can't. Besides, by that age, I'm sure Noodles already knew English.
Who said anything about reading it out loud? You don't think in your own voice? And yes, I'm aware she probably already knew English, and that wasn't the point.

And yes, my joke was a bad one. But I don't need anyone coming around yelling 'FAIL' at me (I usually know when I've failed), even if it is a running comment by you and the other cronies. Just ignore what I post like most people and move on, unless that goes against your club's rules.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
21 May 08

FAIL
I actually couldn't read "Star Trek" books a friend tried to turn me onto. I'd be reading a paragraph in Scottie's voice, only to find it was Spock, or Kirk and gave up.

The voices were so ingrained in my mind from TV I couldn't get around thinking the voices as I read.

P-