What she said

What she said

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
217d

@suzianne said
And this is where you fail.
explain

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
205d

@kellyjay said
https://youtube.com/shorts/LX92fiaR0BE?feature=share
Faith and Politics = Oil and Water. Please don't try to mix them. It won't work.

Über-Nerd

Moves
201d

@mchill said
Faith and Politics = Oil and Water. Please don't try to mix them. It won't work.
More like diesel and ice cream -- not only do they not mix well, each gums up the works of the other.

IP

Moves
169d

@kellyjay said
Agreed, there are a lot of things masquerading as truth, feelings for example taking the place of reality. If something is portrayed as true, yet on its face isn't, we are no longer connected to reality. Holding contradictory views as true at the same time shows we have lost reality, when something can be said and it doesn't matter if it is true or not the assertion has to be accepted either way, we have left reality.
You constantly present your own religious beliefs as being 'the truth', when the truth of it is that they are only your own religious beliefs, which are no more true than any other religious beliefs. You also persistently hold contradictory views at the same time, expressing whichever suits the matter being discussed. You are therefore by your own definition about as far from being 'connected to reality' as it is possible to get. I and I'm sure others here have long known this, but it's good to have it confirmed by yourself.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
152d

@KellyJay
The truth is, right wingnuts are doing exactly what he said. That is not opinion.
Just look at school libraries in Florida where books like the Bell Jar is banned for daring to bring in the subject of depression.
A whole generation of kids not getting a real education because DeSantis doesn't want white folks to feel uncomfortable.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
152d

@sonhouse said
@KellyJay
The truth is, right wingnuts are doing exactly what he said. That is not opinion.
Just look at school libraries in Florida where books like the Bell Jar is banned for daring to bring in the subject of depression.
A whole generation of kids not getting a real education because DeSantis doesn't want white folks to feel uncomfortable.
I agree.

The Civil Rights movement moved ahead because the whole idea was to make white people uncomfortable.