Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 28 Mar '08 05:36
    ...as Lucifer, for the film version of Glen Duncan’s I, Lucifer? (Excluding Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino.)
  2. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    28 Mar '08 07:14
    Philip Seymour Hofman
  3. 28 Mar '08 07:35
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Philip Seymour Hofman


    Are you serious, or is that a stiletto I just felt just slip twixt me ribs?
  4. 28 Mar '08 07:50
    Edward Norton
  5. Standard member rbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    28 Mar '08 09:43
    Forest Whitaker
  6. 28 Mar '08 10:46
    Christian Bale, Terrence Stamp, or me.
  7. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    28 Mar '08 11:07
    Originally posted by Starrman
    or me.
    Lucifer as grouchy ponce ... a bit dated, don't you think.

    I'd cast Diamanda Galas, suitably attired and made up.
  8. 28 Mar '08 11:56
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Lucifer as grouchy ponce ... a bit dated, don't you think.

    I'd cast Diamanda Galas, suitably attired and made up.
    Get thee behind me!
  9. 28 Mar '08 20:44
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Christian Bale, Terrence Stamp, or me.
    Yeah, I thought of you, too.

    ammanion's suggestion of Edward Norton is interesting.

    My first thought was Johnny Depp.
  10. 28 Mar '08 20:49
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Lucifer as grouchy ponce ... a bit dated, don't you think.

    I'd cast Diamanda Galas, suitably attired and made up.
    Dated? Copyright on the book is 2002.

    Although there is an element of grouchiness in Duncan's portrayal, there is also the element of delicious hedonism with L. caught in the flesh, and a bit of mania, too. And there is the end-note of high-spiritedness when L's depression is broken by the thought of leading another rebellion, which he's sure they can't do without him.
  11. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    30 Mar '08 11:52
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Dated? Copyright on the book is 2002.

    Although there is an element of grouchiness in Duncan's portrayal, there is also the element of delicious hedonism with L. caught in the flesh, and a bit of mania, too. And there is the end-note of high-spiritedness when L's depression is broken by the thought of leading another rebellion, which he's sure they can't do without him.
    I was facetiously abusing Starrman -- sorry!

    I think Lucifer should be a terrifying androgyne.
  12. 30 Mar '08 14:36
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I was facetiously abusing Starrman -- sorry!

    I think Lucifer should be a terrifying androgyne.
    If Tilda Swinton hadn't already played Gabriel I'd suggest her.
  13. 11 Jul '08 23:34
    Originally posted by vistesd
    ...as Lucifer, for the film version of Glen Duncan’s I, Lucifer? (Excluding Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino.)
    Alan Rickman
  14. 12 Jul '08 22:37
    Originally posted by vistesd
    ...as Lucifer, for the film version of Glen Duncan’s I, Lucifer? (Excluding Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino.)
    Ian mcclellan or morgan freeman
  15. 13 Jul '08 00:18
    The evil dude from No Country for Old Men.