Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 09 May '13 18:45
    10 Best (and Worst) Educated States and How They Voted in 2012

    Best Educated
    1. Massachusetts -- Obama
    2. Maryland -- Obama
    3. Colorado -- Obama
    4. Connecticut -- Obama
    5. Vermont -- Obama
    6. New Jersey -- Obama
    7. Virginia -- Obama
    8. New Hampshire -- Obama
    9. New York -- Obama
    10. Minnesota -- Obama

    Worst Educated
    1. West Virginia -- Romney
    2. Mississippi -- Romney
    3. Arkansas -- Romney
    4. Kentucky -- Romney
    5. Louisiana -- Romney
    6. Alabama -- Romney
    7. Nevada -- Obama
    8. Indiana -- Romney
    9. Tennessee -- Romney
    10. Oklahoma -- Romney


    For the list of states ranked by education, see:
    http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2012/10/15/americas-best-and-worst-educated-states/
  2. Standard member vivify
    rain
    09 May '13 18:59
    Surprise, surprise...the party that believes in creationism had the less educated voters.
  3. 09 May '13 19:38
    Originally posted by vivify
    Surprise, surprise...the party that believes in creationism had the less educated voters.
    Democrats don't believe in creationism huh? You squirrel headed bastage.
  4. Standard member vivify
    rain
    09 May '13 20:35
    Not as a whole like the Reps.
  5. 10 May '13 01:36
    Originally posted by moon1969
    10 Best (and Worst) Educated States and How They Voted in 2012

    Best Educated
    1. Massachusetts -- Obama
    2. Maryland -- Obama
    3. Colorado -- Obama
    4. Connecticut -- Obama
    5. Vermont -- Obama
    6. New Jersey -- Obama
    7. Virginia -- Obama
    8. New Hampshire -- Obama
    9. New York -- Obama
    10. Minnesota -- Obama

    Worst Educated
    1. West Virginia -- Romn ...[text shortened]...
    http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2012/10/15/americas-best-and-worst-educated-states/
    You must know that education and intelligence are not parallel and equal. Also the amount of education often dictates the types of work people do, and the party they favor.
  6. 10 May '13 17:37
    Originally posted by moon1969
    10 Best (and Worst) Educated States and How They Voted in 2012

    Best Educated
    1. Massachusetts -- Obama
    2. Maryland -- Obama
    3. Colorado -- Obama
    4. Connecticut -- Obama
    5. Vermont -- Obama
    6. New Jersey -- Obama
    7. Virginia -- Obama
    8. New Hampshire -- Obama
    9. New York -- Obama
    10. Minnesota -- Obama

    Worst Educated
    1. West Virginia -- Romn ...[text shortened]...
    http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2012/10/15/americas-best-and-worst-educated-states/
    Who gets to judge the best and worst educated people? What does best educated mean? Liberal education system that rewards people for holding liberal beliefs? Kind of circular reasoning that isn't easily understood by those brainwashed by it.
  7. 10 May '13 17:44
    Did you go to the link? The basis for the best and worst educated ranking was the percentage of residents who had a bachelor's degree or more.

    http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2012/10/15/americas-best-and-worst-educated-states/
  8. 10 May '13 17:47
    Originally posted by normbenign
    You must know that education and intelligence are not parallel and equal. Also the amount of education often dictates the types of work people do, and the party they favor.
    It is true the more educated a person, the more likely they are to be Democrat.

    Also, the ranking in this thread did not deal directly with IQ. However, there have been ample studies that show a correlation between social conservatism and low IQ. If you want an anecdotal example, just look at WND.
  9. 10 May '13 17:49
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Did you go to the link? The basis for the best and worst educated ranking was the percentage of residents who had a bachelor's degree or more.

    http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2012/10/15/americas-best-and-worst-educated-states/
    The US University system leans which direction?
  10. 10 May '13 18:47
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Who gets to judge the best and worst educated people? What does best educated mean? Liberal education system that rewards people for holding liberal beliefs? Kind of circular reasoning that isn't easily understood by those brainwashed by it.
    Not sure if I should give this a thumbs up because it made me laugh out loud, or a thumbs down because it's so ridiculous...
  11. 10 May '13 18:52
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Not sure if I should give this a thumbs up because it made me laugh out loud, or a thumbs down because it's so ridiculous...
    I guess that just goes to show how little you know about how subjective grades are in this country. The teacher gets to decide the right answer and the teacher gets to decide the grade. There is a greater amount of this kind of stuff in different areas, but there is enough of it to make a huge difference.
  12. 10 May '13 19:13
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I guess that just goes to show how little you know about how subjective grades are in this country. The teacher gets to decide the right answer and the teacher gets to decide the grade. There is a greater amount of this kind of stuff in different areas, but there is enough of it to make a huge difference.
    Please distinguish the liberal and conservative versions of the quadratic formula. What are liberal vs conservative interpretations of photosynthesis or magnetic fields?
  13. 10 May '13 19:17
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Please distinguish the liberal and conservative versions of the quadratic formula. What are liberal vs conservative interpretations of photosynthesis or magnetic fields?
    What percentage of US graduates get their degrees in Science and Mathematics?
  14. 10 May '13 19:22
    Originally posted by Eladar
    What percentage of US graduates get their degrees in Science and Mathematics?
    Education level isn't determined by major.
  15. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    10 May '13 19:34
    Originally posted by moon1969
    10 Best (and Worst) Educated States and How They Voted in 2012

    Best Educated
    1. Massachusetts -- Obama
    2. Maryland -- Obama
    3. Colorado -- Obama
    4. Connecticut -- Obama
    5. Vermont -- Obama
    6. New Jersey -- Obama
    7. Virginia -- Obama
    8. New Hampshire -- Obama
    9. New York -- Obama
    10. Minnesota -- Obama

    Worst Educated
    1. West Virginia -- Romn ...[text shortened]...
    http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2012/10/15/americas-best-and-worst-educated-states/
    SHHHHH....we're not supposed to talk about that.