1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 02:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well other than that she is a nice lady, right?🙂

When you say lying, I assume you are talking about Benghazi?
    And her emails. Actually she has been lying ever since her husband was Governor.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 02:281 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Right wingers have been wishing for that for 7 years now. It's like a wet dream for you guys!
    This is not a wish, but a serious warning of what might happen soon, if we don't change course. Let's hope it is not already too late.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 08:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This is not a wish, but a serious warning of what might happen soon, if we don't change course. Let's hope it is not already too late.
    You mean if we don't turn income equality around and start taxing people proportionate to the benefit they receive from the system? I agree, but I think the collapse is a long ways off.
  4. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 08:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    She is going down in 2016.
    For better or worse, barring some major scandal, she is your next President. Mostly because the Republican choices are very weak.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 11:50
    For better or worse, barring some major scandal, she is your next President. Mostly because the Republican choices are very weak.
    "Weak" That's putting it mildly.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 20:48
    Donald Trump is not a weak choice, even Putin has said Trump is outstanding and talented.

http://news.yahoo.com/putin-calls-trump-outstanding-talented-man-agencies-005747627.html

Hillary already is in a major scandal with her handling of classified material by her personal unencrypted email server. That should put her in prison, if the Obama administration allows prosecution to go forward. 😏
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 11:32
    but nobody (right or left) seems to be willing to get government out of mucking up economics.

Did it ever occur to you and the rest of the conservatives here that if it were not for the "government" insuring our bank account money, bailing out our failed banks, providing "government" backed law enforcement and regulation of our financial institutions in 2008-2010, our economy wouldn't exist?! Conservatives love to shake their fist in the air and want the "government off their backs" but turn a blind eye to the many protections and safeguards the "government" provides.
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 18:02
    Every other depression/recession since the 1920s was ended by Keynesian spending - you don't worry about budgets in the short term, nor inflation. Every single one - including Reagan's double-dip recession in the early 80s before he lied about Soviet military superiority to justify the most massive spending increase any nation had seen and generating a defic ...[text shortened]... in power, Rush Limbaugh was calling it "the Obama recession." Yes, nihilists run congress now.
    Interesting rewrite of history. Government spending can artificially move an economy, but usually favors the constituencies of the party in power, at the time. The early Keynesian policies of Roosevelt did not end the depression, and may likely have extended it, right up to the salvation of WWII.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 18:05
    Originally posted by bill718
    but nobody (right or left) seems to be willing to get government out of mucking up economics.

Did it ever occur to you and the rest of the conservatives here that if it were not for the "government" insuring our bank account money, bailing out our failed banks, providing "government" backed law enforcement and regulation of our financial institutions in 2 ...[text shortened]... ir backs" but turn a blind eye to the many protections and safeguards the "government" provides.
    Did it ever occur to you and the rest of the conservatives here that if it were not for the "government" insuring our bank account money, bailing out our failed banks, providing "government" backed law enforcement and regulation of our financial institutions in 2008-2010, our economy wouldn't exist?!

The repeated bailouts, encourage and create moral risk, that is people who make gobs of money with risky gambles that they ought to go broke on, but don't, because government keeps the afloat, so that they can repeat the same thing over and over.

We can only guess what the alternative might be, but it would not be supporting failure.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 18:093 edits
    I completely disagree. Cruz? Trump? Carson? Yes.

But I give Marco Rubio a 55+% chance of beating Hillary if he is the nominee. I'd give Kasich a solid 60% chance but I don't think he has a reasonable chance of being the nominee.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 18:17
    Originally posted by sh76
    I completely disagree. Cruz? Trump? Carson? Yes.

But I give Marco Rubio a 55+% chance of beating Hillary if he is the nominee. I'd give Kasich a solid 60% chance but I don't think he has a reasonable chance of being the nominee.
    It is quite common for opposing party members to see the opposition as weak. Sometimes it is correct, but in this case, Hillary's inevitability is somewhat overrated, as well as her alleged strength in the general.

Kasich could probably beat Hillary for the Democratic nomination, if he switched parties.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 18:59
    Originally posted by normbenign
    It is quite common for opposing party members to see the opposition as weak. Sometimes it is correct, but in this case, Hillary's inevitability is somewhat overrated, as well as her alleged strength in the general.

Kasich could probably beat Hillary for the Democratic nomination, if he switched parties.
    I recall someone on FOX News saying that Kasich sounded like he was running for the Democrat nomination right after the first debate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree