1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 07:401 edit
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Stairs are also dangerous to young children. Let's abolish two-story houses.
    Not a good analogy. The public having stairs serves a useful purpose. The public having a massive proliferation of guns does not.
  2. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 07:43
    Originally posted by bill718
    I'm sure glad all those guns in America are making us safer!!😏
    Indeed, I like the sarcasm.

A home is more safe without a gun than with a gun. Just look at the data. To be sure, a gun in the home is much more likely to be used to kill or maim (including inadvertently) a friend or family member, than it is to repel an intruder, for example. Again, just look at the data. And if you google the data stay away from the fringe gun nut websites that lie.
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 07:43
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    no. im not implying anything. im clearly saying that a gun, when used correctly fires a projectile that is designed to damage flesh. comparisons between guns (designed for killing) and other potentially dangerous things such as cars (not designed for killing) is stupid.
    Ditto
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 07:44
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Put your money where your mouth is. You live in Texas, right? Be a good citizen and go collect your neighbors' guns in the name of safety for all.

I put the over/under on the number of guns you collect before you get shot at zero. But hey - you go try. I'm a pessimist.
    I think government buy-back programs combined with increased reasonable gun control would be a good start.
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 07:45
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    If the child had had a gun, the shooter wouldn't have been able to ...
    Ha.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree