1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 19:291 edit
    https://time.com/4404987/police-violence/

"In March, something happened in Kentucky that tragically seems, in light of what happened to Alton Sterling and Philando Castile last week, business as usual. Constable Bobby Smith wanted to serve a warrant to Brandon Stanley, who tried to evade him. Smith tracked Stanley down to a convenience store and shot him dead.

Around the same time in Arizona, Daniel Shaver was playfully waving a pellet gun out of a motel window. A police officer detained him, and despite Shaver complying with all of his demands (there is a video) shot him dead. Also around this time in North Dakota, James Scott, allegedly intoxicated, dropped a gun and fled police officers but refused to put his hands up when detained; they shot him dead.

The men in these cases were white, not black, and yet all three were killed by police officers under circumstances that would almost surely have elicited indignant protest nationwide if they were black.

Cases of this kind are dismayingly numerous."

"I am neither Republican nor conservative, and am not writing this out of some partisan allegiance to right-wing dismissals of Black Lives Matter. The amount of hate mail I get for supporting protests against the cops about black shooting deaths deep-sixes any notion of me as a reactionary. I seek progress on the main obstacle to getting past race in this country: the tensions between black people and the cops, including so many black people’s sense of the police as a racist occupying army."

Certainly must have been written by a racist white man...
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 20:52
    @joe-shmo said

"In March, something happened in Kentucky that tragically seems, in light of what happened to Alton Sterling and Philando Castile last week, business as usual. Constable Bobby Smith wanted to serve a warrant to Brandon Stanley, who tried to evade him. Smith tracked Stanley down to a convenience store and shot him dead.

Around t ...[text shortened]... the police as a racist occupying army."

How many threads are you going to start covering the same, exact thing?

The article is exaggerated hyperbole; few cases of police killings of any "race" get national attention.
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 22:03
    @joe-shmo

Like I have said before, the leftist MSM and Marxist BLM are pushing a race war.

And @No1Marauder, some things need to be repeated. Somehow, I get the
    feeling you are not happy with the conveyance of this information.
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 22:10
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @joe-shmo

Like I have said before, the leftist MSM and Marxist BLM are pushing a race war.

Black Lives Matter is fighting to reform the criminal justice system in fundamental and meaningful ways. The "race war" crap does not jibe with reality and is something you or Fox News just made up.
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 22:12
    @joe-shmo said

Around t ...[text shortened]... the police as a racist occupying army."

Argumentation by anecdote.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 22:14
    @joe-shmo
    So you turn this into a scree against racism when you should be talking about police brutality. My own family was the victim of police brutality and the lawsuit may be coming to fruition now after three years.
    Whether the victim is white or black or brown some policemen are thugs and took the job because of the power over people it gives them.
    That means there should be much better vetting systems to weed out the thugs in the police force and to keep the upper ranks from silently condoning such killing.

This should be about the thug cops not that whites get killed too.
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 22:15
    some things need to be repeated
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
  8. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 22:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 22:383 edits
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @joe-shmo

Yeah...he seems to be having trouble with the fact that in the 5 years of WashPost database:

2498 Whites were shot, and 1302 Blacks.

Of Those, 146 Whites shot were unarmed vs 123 Blacks.

Every unarmed shooting is unjust, and as such, deserves a modicum of media lip service. Why is there none for the Whites!

What really bothers him is that he can't find a single story on any of the unarmed Whites shot between now and 2018 to shut me up, but he has no problem finding stories on many of the unarmed blacks between now and 2018.

1 life = 1 life

He claims the instances highlighted in this article are exaggerated hyperbola!! On what possible grounds??

"In any case, I’m not sure statistics of this kind are what truly undergird the hurt we feel in these times. When a black man is killed by a cop, do we grieve more because there are 46 million of us as opposed to 198 million whites? I doubt it: most Americans never hear about the white men’s deaths at all."

This article was written 4 years ago! Absolutely nothing has changed. No one can find a single story! Like a true Nostradamus the author is still exactly right today. It's disgusting political horse crap!

Personally, I think the honest reason why the many more White shootings by police aren't in the media is because on some level whites recognize the vast majority of the whites shot by police had it coming. If you play with fire you get burned. The "vocal" Black community seems unwilling to accept this and they are being used for divisive politics. Luckily, all hope is not lost. Many black people are taking to social media to set the record straight, and its starting to sink in.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 22:531 edit
    @joe-shmo said
    Yeah...he seems to be having trouble with the fact that in the 5 years of WashPost database:

2498 Whites were shot, and 1302 Blacks.

Of Those, 146 Whites shot were unarmed vs 123 Blacks.

Every unarmed shooting is unjust, and as such, deserves a modicum of media lip service. Why is there none for the Whites!

What really bothers him ...[text shortened]... any black people are taking to social media to set the record straight, and its starting to sink in.
    Neither you or Earl or some conservative black author repeating the same nonsense makes it true.

Is it now your position that George Floyd "deserved it?"

And you're lying; I can't find "many" police shootings of any "race" in the last few years which were extensively covered in the national media. And the ones that were had nothing to do with your race baiting theory and everything to do with the circumstances of the cases usually including video.
  11. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 23:04
    @no1marauder said
    I can't find "many" police shootings of any "race" in the last few years which were extensively covered in the national media. And the ones that were had nothing to do with your race baiting theory and everything to do with the circumstances of the cases usually including video.
    The police shootings that weren't covered extensively in the national media is because the vast majority of them WERE JUSTIFIED.
    It's as simple as that.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 23:061 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @joe-shmo

Funny thing; teach a parrot to say "Polly want a cracker?" and it will do so even if it doesn't want a cracker.

Saying something over and over again doesn't make it true, Earl; it just shows you've been trained at the same efficiency as the average parrot.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 23:111 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Neither you or Earl or some conservative black author repeating the same nonsense makes it true.

Is it now your position that George Floyd "deserved it?"

And you're lying; I can't find "many" police shootings of any "race" in the last few years which were extensively covered in the national media. And the ones that were had nothing to do with your race baiting theory and everything to do with the circumstances of the cases usually including video.
    I am neither Republican nor conservative, and am not writing this out of some partisan allegiance to right-wing dismissals of Black Lives Matter. The amount of hate mail I get for supporting protests against the cops about black shooting deaths deep-sixes any notion of me as a reactionary. I seek progress on the main obstacle to getting past race in this country: the tensions between black people and the cops, including so many black people’s sense of the police as a racist occupying army.
    - John McWhorter is an associate professor of English and comparative literature at Columbia University.

"McWhorter characterizes himself as "a cranky liberal Democrat." In support of this description, he states that while he "disagree[s] sustainedly with many of the tenets of the Civil Rights orthodoxy," he also "supports Barack Obama, reviles the War on Drugs, supports gay marriage, never voted for George Bush and writes of Black English as coherent speech". McWhorter additionally notes that the conservative Manhattan Institute, for which he worked, "has always been hospitable to Democrats." McWhorter has criticized left-wing and activist educators in particular, such as Paulo Freire and Jonathan Kozol. He believes that affirmative action should be based on class rather than race. Political theorist Mark Satin identifies McWhorter as a radical centrist thinker." [1]

McWhorter is an atheist."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McWhorter#Social_and_political_views
  14. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 23:11
    @no1marauder said
    Saying something over and over again doesn't make it true, Earl; it just shows you've been trained at the same efficiency as the average parrot.
    That applies to your posts too.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 23:19
    @dood111 said
    The police shootings that weren't covered extensively in the national media is because the vast majority of them WERE JUSTIFIED.
    It's as simple as that.
    Tell Joe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree