1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 01:21
    @joe-shmo said
    If you completely pulled police from the neighborhood. What do you anticipate is the outcome? You can save ALL of the live lost to police brutality. In the end will there be more or less Black murder?
    Strawman.

"Completely pulling police" from anywhere permanently is not something BLM has proposed.

I guess you've given up on your pretend outrage over police killings all of sudden.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 01:26
    @joe-shmo said
    https://time.com/4404987/police-violence/

"In March, something happened in Kentucky that tragically seems, in light of what happened to Alton Sterling and Philando Castile last week, business as usual. Constable Bobby Smith wanted to serve a warrant to Brandon Stanley, who tried to evade him. Smith tracked Stanley down to a convenience store and shot him dead.

Around t ...[text shortened]... the police as a racist occupying army."

Certainly must have been written by a racist white man...
    It is notable that even this article admits that police kill blacks at higher rates and doesn't buy Joe's theory that the level of police involvement in urban neighborhoods is just to stop all that "gang violence":

"Moreover, many would argue that disproportionate poverty levels among black people render them more likely to encounter police officers in the first place—vastly unfair, but different from the problem being simply cops’ standing racist bias."
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 01:271 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Strawman.

"Completely pulling police" from anywhere permanently is not something BLM has proposed.

I guess you've given up on your pretend outrage over police killings all of sudden.

So in you feeble estimation it is not possible to be both disturbed bad policing and more than concerned about the orders of magnitude greater lives lost due to gang violence?

Do you care about the over 2000 Black lives lost every year do to gang violence or not?
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 02:36
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Your paranoid delusions are perhaps best addressed to the readership that can most appreciate them. Namely in the Journal of Abnormal Psychology.
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 02:43
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Soothfast Black Lives Matter is fighting to reform the criminal justice system in fundamental and meaningful ways. The "race war" crap does not jibe with reality and is something you or Fox News just made up.

Don't I *wish* that's all they were up to.

Ever see CNN - or anyone MSM, show video of a cop shooting a white guy?
    And you never will. Beyond tryin ...[text shortened]... learly pushing to divide America.

And I have to hand it to them, they have done a marvelous job.
    So if every police shooting that gets recorded were broadcast on television for your edification, would you, Joe, and all your other pals start thinking at long last about the fundamental problems of police brutality in the US?

I doubt it.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 08:48
    @joe-shmo said
    https://time.com/4404987/police-violence/

"In March, something happened in Kentucky that tragically seems, in light of what happened to Alton Sterling and Philando Castile last week, business as usual. Constable Bobby Smith wanted to serve a warrant to Brandon Stanley, who tried to evade him. Smith tracked Stanley down to a convenience store and shot him dead.

Around t ...[text shortened]... the police as a racist occupying army."

Certainly must have been written by a racist white man...
    Good, then get this to everyone's attention. Join the protests. Demand police reform.
    Prove "the leftists" wrong (as if most don't already know that racism is not the sole problem of police shootings).

I am sure everybody will be over themselves with anger at being proven wrong when the police don't shoot people as often. I mean, that's why leftist protest police brutality, right? For the likes on social media.
  7. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 10:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 11:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 11:23
    No idea why that was pulled I’m waiting on feedback.
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 11:40
    @soothfast said
    So if every police shooting that gets recorded were broadcast on television for your edification, would you, Joe, and all your other pals start thinking at long last about the fundamental problems of police brutality in the US?

I doubt it.
    are you f'n kidding me???

of COURSE. I know about the police brutality in America. I live here. It's quite real.
    What happened to Floyd is real, the guy in Atlanta shot in the back is real.
    These are brutal killings that were never needed.

BUT...
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 11:46
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The problem with making the police more responsible is going to be a daunting
    task. There is little central control in each state, let alone, in the nation.

Not sure how they can approach the problem
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 12:22
    @earl-of-trumps said

Did you manage to read the post earl and did you see anything that would get the auto mods upset, I’m wondering if I’ve misspelt something.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 12:23
    @earl-of-trumps said

Right you were probably replying to sleepy guy.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 12:431 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Sure, cops are all just investigating "gang violence" when they "stop and frisk" in black neighborhoods or when they ignore white selling of drugs but pursue black drug dealers.

You're ability to spew out right wing propaganda isn't as an impressive skill as you think.

EDIT: In NYC: "More importantly, racial disparities remain dramatic: 90 percent of people stopped in 2016 were people of color." https://www.cssny.org/news/entry/stop-and-frisk
    Drug Abuse Arrest in 2018[1]:

Total...................White.............Black
    1,234,178 ........871,295.........333,113

Explain to me how 70% off all Drug Abuse arrests are of White ( including Hispanic ) yet they somehow completely "ignore it" in the white community?

[1]https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/table-43
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 12:481 edit
    @no1marauder said
    It is notable that even this article admits that police kill blacks at higher rates and doesn't buy Joe's theory that the level of police involvement in urban neighborhoods is just to stop all that "gang violence":

"Moreover, many would argue that disproportionate poverty levels among black people render them more likely to encounter police officers in the first place—vastly unfair, but different from the problem being simply cops’ standing racist bias."
    ""Moreover, many would argue that disproportionate poverty levels among black people render them more likely to encounter police officers in the first place—vastly unfair, but different from the problem being simply cops’ standing racist bias."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree