1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 09:51
    According to the survey, 54% say it's a bad thing that the GOP controls the House. Only 38% say it's a good thing the GOP controls the House. See question 6 at the top of page 5.

6. Do you think it good for the country or bad for the country that the Republican Party is in control of the U.S. House of Representatives?

Good for country 38%
    Bad for country 54%

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/10/21/rel12a.pdf
  2. Germany
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 19:18
    You seem to like surveys a lot.

What's the percentage of people who think there is some kind of deity or supernatural powers or who believes in astrology, creationism, homeopathy/alternative medicine or other mumbo-jumbo? I'd wager the percentage is pretty high, but they're still wrong.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 19:28
    Originally posted by moon1969
    According to the survey, 54% say it's a bad thing that the GOP controls the House. Only 38% say it's a good thing the GOP controls the House. See question 6 at the top of page 5.

6. Do you think it good for the country or bad for the country that the Republican Party is in control of the U.S. House of Representatives?

Good for country 38%
    Bad for country 54%

Do you have to post every poll by some flaming liberal? Someone liked the GOP congressmen, even the TEA partiers. They won at least one election.
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 19:39
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Do you have to post every poll by some flaming liberal? Someone liked the GOP congressmen, even the TEA partiers. They won at least one election.
    I'll agree that Moon belabors his points a bit, but the GOP has played this "Liberal Media" card too many times. Just remember it was republican hand picked pollsters that told us Mitt Romney would win a sweeping victory in 2012, and we see how well that worked out....didn't we?? 😏
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 19:411 edit
    Where were the polls about support for Obamacare before it was passed?

Polls: When they support our agenda we love them, but otherwise we ignore them.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 20:15
    Originally posted by bill718
    I'll agree that Moon belabors his points a bit, but the GOP has played this "Liberal Media" card too many times. Just remember it was republican hand picked pollsters that told us Mitt Romney would win a sweeping victory in 2012, and we see how well that worked out....didn't we?? 😏
    I don't remember a single poll predicting a Romney landslide. Some saw the election as much tighter than it actually turned out. If pollsters were good at projecting into the future, they would make lots of money at Vegas.
  7. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 22:382 edits
    I don't remember a single poll predicting a Romney landslide. Some saw the election as much tighter than it actually turned out. If pollsters were good at projecting into the future, they would make lots of money at Vegas.
    The established respected polling organizations (labeled as "skewed" by Faux News) were very accurate in predicting the Obama margin of victory.

An interesting point about the above percentages listed in the OP is the incredible shift from one month ago before the Tea Party shutdown.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 22:41
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You seem to like surveys a lot.

What's the percentage of people who think there is some kind of deity or supernatural powers or who believes in astrology, creationism, homeopathy/alternative medicine or other mumbo-jumbo? I'd wager the percentage is pretty high, but they're still wrong.
    You miss the point. It is not about whether or not the respondents are correct but instead how they will vote in 2014 and 2016.
  9. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 22:421 edit
    Originally posted by whodey

Current Poll. Majority (53% ) favor the ACA or say it doesn't go far enough. See questions 14-15 on page 6.

ACA/Obamacare?

Favor 41%
    Oppose, not liberal enough 12%
    Oppose, too liberal 38%

10. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 23:07
    The polls cited are well-respected polling organizations proven very accurate over and over.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 23:15
    Originally posted by whodey

85.6% of people do this.
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 23:162 edits
    The Gallup polling organization has demonstrated proven accurate results for decades. They have much credibility with experts and statisticians.

Gallup Poll. Oct. 12-13, 2013

"Next, we'd like to ask you about the Affordable Care Act, the law President Obama signed in 2010 that restructured the U.S. health care system. What would you like to see Congress do with the health care law: keep the health care law in place as it is, make minor changes to the health care law, make major changes to the health care law, or repeal the health care law entirely?"

keep as is 24%

make minor changes 19%

make major changes 21%

Repeal entirely 29%

unsure 8%
  13. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 02:022 edits
    Current Poll. Majority (53% ) favor the ACA or say it doesn't go far enough. See questions 14-15 on page 6.

ACA/Obamacare?

Favor 41%
    Oppose, not liberal enough 12%
    Oppose, too liberal 38%

"Next, we'd like to ask you about the Affordable Care Act, the law President Obama signed in 2010 that restructured the U.S. health care system. What would you like to see Congress do with the health care law: keep the health care law in place as it is, make minor changes to the health care law, make major changes to the health care law, or repeal the health care law entirely?" Asked of those who think major or minor changes should be made: "Would you like to see changes to the health care law that expands what the law does, or scales back what the law does?"

expand -14%
    keep as is -24%
    scale back -21%
    repeal entirely -29%
    unsure -13%
  14. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 02:042 edits
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [b]Originally posted by moon1969
    The Gallup polling organization has demonstrated proven accurate results for decades. They have much credibility with experts and statisticians.

[i]"Next, we'd like to ask you about the Affordable Care Act, the law President Obama signed in 2010 that restru ...[text shortened]... 24%

make minor changes 19%

make major changes 21%

Repeal entirely 29%

unsure 8%[/b]
    Those numbers look about right to me. 43% to keep as is or make minor changes (as compared to 41% favoring the ACA in the other poll). And as the polling data has consistently shown is that a portion of those opposed or desiring major changes (21% ) want a more aggressive ACA, such as single-payer. This Gallup poll you cite is pretty much in line with 53% in the other poll favor the ACA or oppose as not liberal enough.
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 02:11
    Those numbers look about right to me. 43% to keep as is or make minor changes. And as the polling data has consistently shown is that a portion of those opposed or desiring major changes want a more aggressive ACA, such as single-payer. Pretty much in line with 53% favor the ACA or oppose as not liberal enough.
    not according to gallup.

look at the numbers

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree