A majority says GOP control of House is bad

A majority says GOP control of House is bad

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Houston, Texas

Moves
23 Oct 13
2 edits

Originally posted by utherpendragon
[b]Gallup Poll. Oct. 12-13, 2013

"Next, we'd like to ask you about the Affordable Care Act, the law President Obama signed in 2010 that restructured the U.S. health care system. What would you like to see Congress do with the health care law: keep the health care law in place as it is, make minor changes to the health care law, make major ch ...[text shortened]...

expand -14%
keep as is -24%
scale back -21%
repeal entirely -29%
unsure -13%[/b]
The 29% repeal is quite a bit lower than the 70% to 80% numbers spouted by right wingers the past few weeks.

As for those wanting many changes, about half want a more aggressive healthcare law such as single-payer.

As for those wanting minor changes, many recognize that the ACA will be tweaked and revised as time goes on. I personally fall into that camp.

Houston, Texas

Moves
23 Oct 13

not according to gallup.

look at the numbers
Do the math, or should I do it for you?

Hy-Brasil

Moves
23 Oct 13

Originally posted by moon1969
Do the math, or should I do it for you?
make major changes (because it sucks) and repeal entirely comes out to 50%

Houston, Texas

Moves
23 Oct 13

[b]Gallup Poll. Oct. 12-13, 2013

"Next, we'd like to ask you about the Affordable Care Act, the law President Obama signed in 2010 that restructured the U.S. health care system. What would you like to see Congress do with the health care law: keep the health care law in place as it is, make minor changes to the health care law, make major ch ...[text shortened]...

expand -14%
keep as is -24%
scale back -21%
repeal entirely -29%
unsure -13%[/b]
Oh, I see you posted some new numbers. I went to the Gallup website to reference the poll you cite. Where is the big overwhelming popular support for repeal?
Americans' Desire to Modify Healthcare Law Down From 2011
Yet 29% still want law repealed

by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- Half of Americans today want the Affordable Care Act repealed or scaled back, down from 57% in January 2011. There has been essentially no change in the percentage of Americans who want the law expanded or kept as it is.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/165428/americans-desire-modify-healthcare-law-down-2011.aspx

Hy-Brasil

Moves
23 Oct 13

Oh, I see you posted some new numbers. I went to the Gallup website to reference the poll you cite. Where is the big overwhelming popular support for repeal?
[quote][b]Americans' Desire to Modify Healthcare Law Down From 2011

Yet 29% still want law repealed

by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- Half of Americans today want the Affordable Ca ...[text shortened]... /quote]
http://www.gallup.com/poll/165428/americans-desire-modify-healthcare-law-down-2011.aspx[/b]
sorry I should have posted my link.
this is where i am at,

http://www.pollingreport.com/health.htm

Houston, Texas

Moves
23 Oct 13
1 edit

make major changes (because it sucks) and repeal entirely comes out to 50%
That is about the same as the President's approval rating.

Further, something you completely and conveniently ignore, is that a portion of those wanting to make major changes want a more liberal ACA (i.e., single-payer).

Clearly, less then half of the American people (only 29% ) support repeal of the ACA, as demanded by the Tea Party. And this is per the poll you cite.

Houston, Texas

Moves
23 Oct 13

sorry I should have posted my link.
this is where i am at,

http://www.pollingreport.com/health.htm
That's ok. I agree it is split. Yet, the ACA will become more popular, and will be a campaign advantage for Democrats in 2014 and 2016.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
23 Oct 13
3 edits

That is about the same as the President's approval rating.

Further, something you completely and conveniently ignore, is that a portion of those wanting to make major changes want a more liberal ACA (i.e., single-payer).

[b]Clearly, less then half of the American people (only 29% ) support repeal of the ACA, as demanded by the Tea Party. And this is per the poll you cite.
[/b]
Further, something you completely and conveniently ignore, is that a portion of those wanting to make major changes want a more liberal ACA (i.e., single-payer). -moon1969

direct me to where "wanting to make major changes" is referring to a desire for "single payer". I must be be missing something.

Moves
23 Oct 13

not according to gallup.

look at the numbers
56% disagree with everything.

Houston, Texas

Moves
23 Oct 13
4 edits

Further, something you completely and conveniently ignore, is that a portion of those wanting to make major changes want a more liberal ACA (i.e., single-payer). -moon1969

direct me to where "wanting to make major changes" is referring to a desire for "single payer". I must be be missing something.
Whether it is not it single payer, a portion of the poll you cite want to expand the ACA. A portion of the poll I cite say the ACA is not liberal enough. Other polls specifically address the phrase "single-payer".

That has been the discussion from the left (about 15% ) opposed to the ACA is that they oppose the ACA because they want a single-payer system like in the rest of the industrialized world. They are at the opposite extreme of the Tea Party, right?

Houston, Texas

Moves
23 Oct 13
1 edit

I agree that the Gallup poll you cited does not mention single-payer.

Anyway, still look at the numbers you cite from that Gallup poll. Interesting that 14% want to "expand" the ACA. Is this a "major change?"

Is this 14% to expand the ACA lumped and cited by the Tea Party as evidence that Americans do not want the ACA and that Americans do not want government involved in healthcare?

expand -14%
scale back -21%

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
23 Oct 13

The more they bicker, squabble, argue, backstab...the more they leave everyone else alone.