1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 22:121 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Wrong as usual! Nice attempt to derail another thread!
    They have been[b] found guilty of voter fraud
    not merely accused maliciously as you contend.
    If you do not like the topic do not participate in the discussion.But, do not sit there and pontificate "why should we give your OP any credence?"

"The Nevada field director of the Association o

http://www.therightperspective.org/2009/08/20/acorn-leader-pleads-guilty-to-voter-fraud/[/b]
    ACORN ALERT!!!!!!

HOUSE VOTES TO DE-FUND ACORN
    Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 2:20 PM by Domenico Montanaro
    Filed Under: Congress
    From NBC's Luke Russert
    The House, in a motion to recommit attached to the student loan bill, has voted overwhelmingly to de-fund ACORN.

It was a bipartisan vote, with more than 300 members voting for the measure. (We'll get the full numbers/vote breakdown shortly.)

This goes further than the Senate did; the Senate took money out of one bill. This is to de-fund the group completely -- for any money the House would appropriate.

*** UPDATE *** House Minority Whip Eric Cantor's office just sent around this statement:

“ACORN has violated serious federal laws, and today the House voted to ensure that taxpayer dollars would no longer be used to fund this corrupt organization. All federal ties should be severed with ACORN, and the FBI should investigate its activity. This united Republican effort to defund ACORN is a victory for the rule of law and taxpayers across the country.”

*** UPDATE 2 *** The vote was 345-75.

NOTICE THE SOURCE "LEFTIES"
    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/09/17/2073493.aspx
  2. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 22:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes they were accused of voter fraud. But by whom? It was ACORN that reported the said fraud to the electoral authorities. In such circumstances why does it matter that they they were accused of voter fraud? If this is the best you've got in terms of acusatory integrity, why should we give any of your OP any credence?
    It wasn't even voter fraud, it was voter registration fraud. And there was no ill intent accept for lazy, low paid temps trying to get out of work.

A show of hands for who's worried Mickey Mouse or the offensive line for the Cowboys stole the election?
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 23:23
    How are you unaware? Its spelled out in the OP !
    You saw ACORN,the kool aid kicked in, and you start spouting your liberal rhetoric with out knowing the facts. BRAINWASHED!!!
    Give the guy a break. He obviously doesn't waste his life watching FoxNews and reading rightwing PAC spam mail 24/7.
  4. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 23:45
    Originally posted by telerion
    Give the guy a break. He obviously doesn't waste his life watching FoxNews and reading rightwing PAC spam mail 24/7.
    Hah, hah thats a good one! 🙂 But, you do have a point. Our little hero should sit back and digest what he is reading before he jumps in w/ his partisan statist rhetoric.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 01:05
    [an official] pleaded guilty to conspiracy for organizing a scheme that illegally paid workers to register new voters.
    But that isn't the same as being "found guilty of voter fraud". Your OP is misleading. Why can't you just post credible stuff that people can trust and that can form the basis of informed debate? One wonders if your OP stuff about Hannity interviewing someone has any credibility either. Do you actually know what "voter fraud" is?
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 01:16
    Scriabin was a wise man.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 01:58
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Scriabin was a wise man.
    He's still alive, you know. In fact, I'm in the middle of a game with him.

What does he have to do with this thread?
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 05:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    But that isn't the same as being "found guilty of voter fraud". Your OP is misleading. Why can't you just post credible stuff that people can trust and that can form the basis of informed debate? One wonders if your OP stuff about Hannity interviewing someone has any credibility either. Do you actually know what "voter fraud" is?
    It is not misleading to those who understand the english language.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 06:02
    It is not misleading to those who understand the english language.
    Not a very convincing retort, I'm afraid.

You said ACORN was "found guilty of voter fraud". Can you provide an example of this? The Nevada case you cited is not one.
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 06:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not a very convincing retort, I'm afraid.

You said ACORN was "found guilty of voter fraud". Can you provide an example of this? The Nevada case you cited is not one.
    you're playing symantics
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 06:11
    you're playing symantics
    No I am not. I am demonstrating that you said something untrue in your OP. You say untrue things in many of your OPs. I demonstrate it over and over again.

Do you know what "voter fraud" is?
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 06:442 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    No I am not. I am demonstrating that you said something untrue in your OP. You say untrue things in many of your OPs. I demonstrate it over and over again.

Do you know what "voter fraud" is?
    There is absolutley nothing I said untrue in my OP. Now or ever. I leave the lying and spins to you my impish little s.e. asian/british gender bending friend.
    I suggest you read it again.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 06:56
    There is absolutley nothing I said untrue in my OP.
    I suggest you read it again.
    You said ACORN was "found guilty of voter fraud".

Now, you either have an example of this, or you don't.

At present you don't.

The fact that you cited something that was not an example of "voter fraud" but an example of something else, and your continuing refusal to provide a valid example of ACORN being "found guilty of voter fraud" makes your OP deceitful.
  14. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 07:00
    OP-from page 1

"The Senate voted Monday to block the Housing and Urban Development Department from giving grants to ACORN, a community organization under fire in several voter-registration fraud cases.

The 83-7 vote would deny housing and community grant funding to ACORN, which stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.

The action came as the group is suffering from bad publicity after a duo of conservative activists posing as a prostitute and her pimp released hidden-camera videos in which ACORN employees in Baltimore gave advice on house-buying and how to account on tax forms for the woman's income. Two other videos, aired on the FOX News Channel, depict similar situations in ACORN offices in Brooklyn and Washington, D.C.

The Senate's move would mean that ACORN would not be able to win HUD grants for programs such as counseling low-income people on how to get mortgages and for fair housing education and outreach.

Sen. Mike Johanns, R-Neb., said that ACORN has received $53 million in taxpayer funds since 1994 and that the group was eligible for a wider set of funding in the pending legislation, which funds housing and transportation programs.

I am curious to hear opinions and/or defense of this corrupt organization that is bilking tens of millions of dollars from the American tax payer.

Will are revered President who has close ties w/this group finally come out and denounce them or remain silent?"

Point out one thing in here that is a lie,misleading,or deceitful!
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 07:04
    OP-from page 1
    Sorry, I was referring to your post on page 2.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree