1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 10:461 edit
    POLITICO logoActBlue’s stunning third quarter: $1.5 billion in donations

Democratic candidates and left-leaning groups raised $1.5 billion through ActBlue over the last three months — a record-smashing total that reveals the overwhelming financial power small-dollar donors have unleashed up and down the ballot ahead of the 2020 election.

From July through September, 6.8 million donors made 31.4 million contributions through ActBlue, the Democratic Party’s favored online donation platform, averaging $47 per donation. More than 14,223 campaigns and organizations benefited from the surge in donations, the largest single quarter in the platform’s 15-year history, according to figures shared first with POLITICO. Just in September, ActBlue processed $758 million."

Here's the kicker:

"ActBlue’s reach has also grown dramatically in 2020, with first-time donors comprising 70 percent of the contributors so far this election cycle."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/actblues-stunning-third-quarter-dollar15-billion-in-donations/ar-BB1a36M3

The people are speaking, not just with their votes (though over 14 million have voted already with Democrats having done so more than Republicans by a wide margin https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/10/14/democrats-dominating-early-voting-in-2020-election/#1ebd82f91715) but with their checkbooks.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 11:20
    @no1marauder said
    POLITICO logoActBlue’s stunning third quarter: $1.5 billion in donations

Democratic candidates and left-leaning groups raised $1.5 billion through ActBlue over the last three months — a record-smashing total that reveals the overwhelming financial power small-dollar donors have unleashed up and down the ballot ahead of the 2020 election.

From July through September, ...[text shortened]... 0/10/14/democrats-dominating-early-voting-in-2020-election/#1ebd82f91715) but with their checkbooks.
    there is no way to tell where the money came from. surely you dont believe disadvantaged poor folks have "billions" at their disposal.
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 11:25
    Where does the money go if a candidate loses?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 11:26
    @mott-the-hoople said
    there is no way to tell where the money came from. surely you dont believe disadvantaged poor folks have "billions" at their disposal.
    You might be stupid enough to believe that everybody who votes for progressives are "disadvantaged poor folks". Apparently there's a lot of working and middle class people who have enough spare change to be willing to shell it out to oust the Donald and the Republicans.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 11:56
    @no1marauder said
    You might be stupid enough to believe that everybody who votes for progressives are "disadvantaged poor folks". Apparently there's a lot of working and middle class people who have enough spare change to be willing to shell it out to oust the Donald and the Republicans.
    I gave to ActBlue earlier this year for the first time. I'm neither disadvantaged nor poor.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 11:58
    Maybe it’s just me... but considering the US’s foodbank, housing and infrastructural problems, isn’t spending 1,5 billion on a campaign anything but wastage?
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 13:092 edits
    @mott-the-hoople said

100% wrong skippy - I know some of it came from me (and I DO know who I am) In addition to contributing to Joe Biden's election campaign I also contributed to many of my Democratic down ballot candidates, in addition, Many of my friends have done the same thing (I DO know who they are too) Republicans love conspiracy theories, so I'll happily pop your little balloon on this one.

Nice Try! 😏
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 13:29
    @mchill said

100% wrong skippy - I know some of it came from me (and I DO know who I am) In addition to contributing to Joe Biden's election campaign I also contributed to many of my Democratic down ballot candidates, in addition, Many of my friends hav ...[text shortened]... cans love conspiracy theories, so I'll happily pop your little balloon on this one.

Nice Try! 😏
    He’s just freaking out because he thinks that only the NRA, Russian Oligarchs and polluter corporations should be allowed to fund politicians.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 13:33
    @no1marauder said
    I not stupid enough to not see their loop hole that allows ANYONE, even foreign contributions.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 13:34
    @suzianne said
    I gave to ActBlue earlier this year for the first time. I'm neither disadvantaged nor poor.
    what that old saying? "a fool and his money is soon parted"
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 14:50
    @shavixmir said
    Maybe it’s just me... but considering the US’s foodbank, housing and infrastructural problems, isn’t spending 1,5 billion on a campaign anything but wastage?
    That was money spent up and down the ticket, across nearly every state.

No one campaign saw all that money.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 14:53
    @mott-the-hoople said
    what that old saying? "a fool and his money is soon parted"
    That would have been the case had I supported Republicans.

I'm investing in the future of this country, not the past.
  13. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 16:17
    @mott-the-hoople said
    I not stupid enough to not see their loop hole that allows ANYONE, even foreign contributions.
    I not stupid enough not to see---

A literary gem, if ever I saw one. You went to Harvard, right? 😏
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 16:35
    @mchill said
    I not stupid enough not to see---

A literary gem, if ever I saw one. You went to Harvard, right? 😏
    and you go to mabels bar and chain saw repair dont you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree