1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 23:58
    Originally posted by e4chris
    This story was on the front of the Mirror yesterday

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dignitas-suicide-psychiatrist-who-declared-1923305

An OAP with Dementia was given a letter by a psychiatrist to justify them taking there life at a suicide clinic in zurich. Talk about a fools compassion, stories like this are so sad and I disagree with assisted su ...[text shortened]... eryone has it!!

Your thoughts? when should old folk realise they can't support themselves?
    This is a difficult issue. I think health officials in the USA and Europe do a decent job dealing with this, but they only have guidelines to follow, and since we're not all stamped out of the same mold, mistakes are to be expected.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '13 02:40
    What progressives need to do is pass a law stating that once you reach a certain level of age or health crisis, that you be euthenized. Maybe they can start with Tea Party members.
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    03 Jun '13 08:15
    Originally posted by bill718
    This is a difficult issue. I think health officials in the USA and Europe do a decent job dealing with this, but they only have guidelines to follow, and since we're not all stamped out of the same mold, mistakes are to be expected.
    One thing that bugs me in the UK is people complaining about the quality of care workers - they get attrociuos min wage pay for a demanding job - it should pay about double what it does now, then you will get a smile!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree