AI brain implants

AI brain implants

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
27 Oct 20

This article points to some health benefits to this technology, but this is being developed by the US military.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5120441/Mind-control-AI-chips-alter-persons-moods.html

What does the US military have planned with it?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Oct 20

@Metal-Brain
Obviously to make their cannon fire fodder happy when they get their heads blown off.

MB

Moves
27 Oct 20

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
Obviously to make their cannon fire fodder happy when they get their heads blown off.
It could be used to manipulate behavior, right? Politicians could be manipulated. Making a person feel sad or happy could get certain decisions rewarded or punished.

Seems like a sci-fi movie doesn't it? It is real though. It is very real.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
27 Oct 20

@metal-brain said
This article points to some health benefits to this technology, but this is being developed by the US military.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5120441/Mind-control-AI-chips-alter-persons-moods.html

What does the US military have planned with it?
There's an idea this type of technology can be used to generate normal emotional responses in psychopaths. Quite how that's useful to a military is unclear to me, selectively switching off normal emotional responses before a battle's a dicey thing; a psychologically normal soldier fights for you, a psychopathic one for themselves but wearing your uniform. Is this the son of MKUltra?

😏

Moves
27 Oct 20

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
Yep, you got that right.

MB

Moves
27 Oct 20

@deepthought said
There's an idea this type of technology can be used to generate normal emotional responses in psychopaths. Quite how that's useful to a military is unclear to me, selectively switching off normal emotional responses before a battle's a dicey thing; a psychologically normal soldier fights for you, a psychopathic one for themselves but wearing your uniform. Is this the son of MKUltra?
I was listening to The Joe Rogan Experience once and he was talking about how a chip was put into the brain of a bull and they were able to stop the bull in it's tracks by remote. Some people speculate that hydrogels could be injected with vaccines to accomplish the same thing. This nano-tech is also real. Not just sci-fi anymore.

I'm not claiming that is what is being planned, just that it is not sci-fi nonsense. People should not dismiss new technology just because it sounds like someone has been watching too many sci-fi programs. We are entering a whole new tech era.

😏

Moves
27 Oct 20

AI implants are needed...

Where the hell are my keys?

D

Moves
27 Oct 20

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Oct 20

Some common sense AI is sorely needed on this forum.

MB

Moves
27 Oct 20

@shavixmir said
Some common sense AI is sorely needed on this forum.
Right, technology is never used for evil. 😆

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Oct 20

@metal-brain said
Right, technology is never used for evil. 😆
What do you think is the next step in human evolution? 3 hands and 4 balls?

Nope. A blending of tech and humanity.
Pacemakers, robotic arms, sensors, etc.

Your tinfoil hat won’t save you.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
27 Oct 20

@metal-brain said
I was listening to The Joe Rogan Experience once and he was talking about how a chip was put into the brain of a bull and they were able to stop the bull in it's tracks by remote. Some people speculate that hydrogels could be injected with vaccines to accomplish the same thing. This nano-tech is also real. Not just sci-fi anymore.

I'm not claiming that is what is bein ...[text shortened]... ounds like someone has been watching too many sci-fi programs. We are entering a whole new tech era.
Perhaps we should disinvent fire and steel because they’ve both been used to do some really bad things.
So what if their was a chip that could for all practical purposes cure depression and psychosis without pumping the patient full of toxic chemicals would you allow your Ming the merciless complex deny sufferers that chip?

MB

Moves
27 Oct 20

@kevcvs57 said
Perhaps we should disinvent fire and steel because they’ve both been used to do some really bad things.
So what if their was a chip that could for all practical purposes cure depression and psychosis without pumping the patient full of toxic chemicals would you allow your Ming the merciless complex deny sufferers that chip?
I don't recall claiming that it won't be used for good. Technology is almost always used for both good and evil. Explosives have good uses ya know.

MB

Moves
27 Oct 20

@shavixmir said
What do you think is the next step in human evolution? 3 hands and 4 balls?

Nope. A blending of tech and humanity.
Pacemakers, robotic arms, sensors, etc.

Your tinfoil hat won’t save you.
We agree.
Are you wearing a tin foil hat too?
What are you taking issue with? Are you just throwing random insults for no particular reason?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
27 Oct 20
3 edits

@metal-brain said
I don't recall claiming that it won't be used for good. Technology is almost always used for both good and evil. Explosives have good uses ya know.
Well give it a rest then and stop soiling yourself about every imaginable bad thing that can happen and focus on using technology to make sure it doesn’t.
How hard would it be to develop a test for having these bad things in your blood stream or monitoring the messages being sent to these chips to ensure the users safety.