1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 09:49
    U.S. commission says China possibly committed 'genocide' against Xinjiang Muslims

The Congressional-Executive Commission on China (CECC) said new evidence had emerged in the past year that “crimes against humanity - and possibly genocide - are occurring” in Xinjiang. It also accused China of harassing Uighurs in the United States.

China has been widely condemned for setting up complexes in Xinjiang that it describes as “vocational training centers” to stamp out extremism and give people new skills and which others have called concentration camps.

The United Nations says at least 1 million Uighurs and other Muslims have been detained in Xinjiang. Faith leaders, activist groups and others have said crimes against humanity, including genocide, are taking place there.
    -----------------

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-china-uighurs/u-s-commission-says-china-possibly-committed-genocide-against-xinjiang-muslims-idUSKBN29J2GF
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 09:511 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    U.S. commission says China possibly committed 'genocide' against Xinjiang Muslims

The Congressional-Executive Commission on China (CECC) said new evidence had emerged in the past year that “crimes against humanity - and possibly genocide - are occurring” in Xinjiang. It also accused China of harassing Uighurs in the United States.

China has been widely con ...[text shortened]... uighurs/u-s-commission-says-china-possibly-committed-genocide-against-xinjiang-muslims-idUSKBN29J2GF
    Jesus. Is this real, or more Trumpified anti-China venom?

Who's on this commission?
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 09:52
    Yes. It's awful.
    Not funny, like cards against humanity. Well even that isn't so funny.
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 09:54
    @suzianne said

Who's on this commission?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-54277430
    "China says its aim is to tackle poverty and religious extremism in Xinjiang. But the US has likened the centres to concentration camps."
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 10:43
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55666153

In addition to the heavy restrictions it places on foreign journalists trying to report the truth about its far western region of Xinjiang, China has a new tactic: labelling independent coverage as "fake news".

At night, while travelling for hours along Xinjiang's desert highways, the unmarked cars that had been following us from the moment we arrived would tailgate us at speed, driving dangerously close with their headlights on full beam.

Their occupants - who never identified themselves - forced us to leave one city by chasing us out of restaurants and shops, ordering the owners not to serve us.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 17:01
    @earl-of-trumps said

China has been widely con ...[text shortened]... uighurs/u-s-commission-says-china-possibly-committed-genocide-against-xinjiang-muslims-idUSKBN29J2GF
    And Pompusseo has declared Cubs a state sponsor of terrorism ( you can actually smell the hypocrisy ) I think it’s called diplomatic slash and burn and there will be more of it before the 20th.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 18:27
    @suzianne said
    Old news is what it is. We've known that the Chinese government is genocidal for... well, frankly, for decades. It's one of the few things Trump is not wildly wrong on. He may also be correct about the colour of the sky and the number of fingers on a human hand, but none of those murder Uyghurs, Tibetans and Hong Kongeans by the thousands.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 18:31
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    16 Jan '21 05:41
    @shallow-blue said
    Old news is what it is. We've known that the Chinese government is genocidal for... well, frankly, for decades. It's one of the few things Trump is not wildly wrong on. He may also be correct about the colour of the sky and the number of fingers on a human hand, but none of those murder Uyghurs, Tibetans and Hong Kongeans by the thousands.
    Exactly, Let us not forget China's extreme racial prejudice against the Tibetans.

Chinese Racism and Racist Policy in Tibet

Racism: China's Secret Scourge
    ICT Report Refutes Beijing's Denial of Racism in China
    Washington, D. C. - International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) will release a report at the UN World Conference Against Racism (WCAR) documenting the origin and nature of racism against Tibetans and how the Chinese government perpetuates racist attitudes and policies.
    ----------------------

https://tibet.dharmakara.net/ictracism.html

lots of racism in China right now. They must be growing it.
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    16 Jan '21 05:45
    @divegeester said
    🍿

@duchess64
    Yes, dg, I see where you come from, Duchess64 is Chinese so she must be racist.

The theory fits, that's for sure.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '21 06:10
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Yes, dg, I see where you come from, Duchess64 is Chinese so she must be racist.

The theory fits, that's for sure.
    Interesting exegesis of my popcorn emoji.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree