Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member MacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    01 Jun '09 20:18
    http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/107459-0/

    This two page Pravda article by Stanislav Mishin offers opinion not often heard, other than Vladimir Putin’s surprising warning 2 months past.

    If his projections prove true and present directions are un-altered, we will be granted the viewing of a most marvellous experiment played out on world’s stage in real life terms.

    Question is: Is S. Mishin's analysis correct?
  2. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    01 Jun '09 20:22
    I stopped reading after the first sentence had a spelling mistake.

    In that page, I found this link to another article there on Pravda.ru:
    http://www.funreports.com/fun/18-03-2005/1188-0

    Very cool.
  3. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    01 Jun '09 20:26
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I stopped reading after the first sentence CONTAINED a spelling mistake.

    Fixed.


    I stopped reading your post after the first sentence.
  4. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    01 Jun '09 20:40
    Originally posted by uzless
    Fixed.
    FAIL
  5. 01 Jun '09 21:52
    Yeah if it's in Pravda you can take it to the bank.
  6. Standard member MacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    01 Jun '09 22:11
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I stopped reading after the first sentence had a spelling mistake.
    How nice of you to be the self appointed “grammar lord.”

    Let’s take a quick look at a few of your offerings, none of which had to stand the strain of translation from Russian.

    Originally posted by Palynka
    so if your counting actually drank rounds, ----(you’re)
    If your not a mod, ----(you’re)
    then by no means they are natural or inalienable. ----(are they)
    So now for life is just to seek survival? ----(So now life is just)
    Maybe it was the because it was so hyped, ----(Maybe it was because)

    (My favourite is absence of commas while having proclaimed) "To have touched the feet of Christ is no excuse for mistakes in punctuation."

    “If our nature has its source in a Creator or not doesn't seem to change things much, in my opinion.”
  7. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    01 Jun '09 22:17 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    How nice of you to be the self appointed “grammar lord.”

    Let’s take a quick look at a few of your offerings, none of which had to stand the strain of translation from Russian.

    [b]Originally posted by Palynka

    so if your counting actually drank rounds, ----(you’re)
    If your not a mod, ----(you’re)
    then by no means they are natural or inal nature has its source in a Creator or not doesn't seem to change things much, in my opinion.”[/b]
    Those are forum posts, not supposed newspaper articles. But I'm sure you prefer to read the political analysis of a journal who is renowned for its description of alien sightings and paranormal events than my own humble posts.

    Question: Do you think it's a coincidence that an article that you find interesting happens to be in pravda.ru?
  8. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    01 Jun '09 22:44
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/107459-0/

    This two page Pravda article by Stanislav Mishin offers opinion not often heard, other than Vladimir Putin’s surprising warning 2 months past.

    If his projections prove true and present directions are un-altered, we will be granted the viewing of a most marvellous experiment played out on world’s stage in real life terms.

    Question is: Is S. Mishin's analysis correct?
    can you post another link or a pdf or a cut and paste please, because
    http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/107459-0/ just comes up as an interrupted page link error in FireFox.
  9. 01 Jun '09 23:46
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa

    Is this about American corruption (ahem, excuse me, capitalism), or the relative uses of commas in each other's posts?
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    02 Jun '09 00:39
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Is this about American corruption (ahem, excuse me, capitalism), or the relative uses of commas in each other's posts?
    It's about McSwain trying to woo us with what he sees as his maverick fibs-with-a-purpose and daring out-of-the-box mischiefthink.
  11. 02 Jun '09 01:12
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I stopped reading after the first sentence had a spelling mistake.

    In that page, I found this link to another article there on Pravda.ru:
    http://www.funreports.com/fun/18-03-2005/1188-0

    Very cool.
    Your sentence structure, "Very cool." seems to be wrong to me. I don't think I will be looking at Pravada until it is corected.
  12. 02 Jun '09 04:57
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/107459-0/

    This two page Pravda article by Stanislav Mishin offers opinion not often heard, other than Vladimir Putin’s surprising warning 2 months past.

    If his projections prove true and present directions are un-altered, we will be granted the viewing of a most marvellous experiment played out on world’s stage in real life terms.

    Question is: Is S. Mishin's analysis correct?
    If it comes from Pravda you can pretty much assume it is bull $hit.
  13. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    02 Jun '09 04:59
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/107459-0/

    This two page Pravda article by Stanislav Mishin offers opinion not often heard, other than Vladimir Putin’s surprising warning 2 months past.

    If his projections prove true and present directions are un-altered, we will be granted the viewing of a most marvellous experiment played out on world’s stage in real life terms.

    Question is: Is S. Mishin's analysis correct?
    Who's got time to waste on reading Pravda?
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    02 Jun '09 05:17
    Originally posted by mlprior
    If it comes from Pravda you can pretty much assume it is bull $hit.
    Don't a lot of "westerners" say the same thing about Al Jazeira English? What are thes assumptions based on exactly?
  15. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    02 Jun '09 06:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't a lot of "westerners" say the same thing about Al Jazeira English? What are thes assumptions based on exactly?
    Compare a few articles from each publication and come back to me.