1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 12:40
    Poor americans are incapable of building a helicopter that can fly through light drizzle. At least one, for their esteemed and tremendous leader.

https://theaviationist.com/2018/11/11/clouds-with-drizzling-rain-prevented-marine-one-from-flying-trump-to-u-s-cemetery-near-paris/

This link confuses me as it clearly shows Obama, in the rain, walking towards what seems to be a helicopter. Maybe he just forgot his phone.
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 14:01
    NASA, Apple, IBM and Intel might dispute that OP.
    🤔
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 15:57
    @zahlanzi said
    Poor americans are incapable of building a helicopter that can fly through light drizzle. At least one, for their esteemed and tremendous leader.

https://theaviationist.com/2018/11/11/clouds-with-drizzling-rain-prevented-marine-one-from-flying-trump-to-u-s-cemetery-near-paris/

This link confuses me as it clearly shows Obama, in the rain, walking towards what seems to be a helicopter. Maybe he just forgot his phone.
    Poor americans are incapable of building a helicopter that can fly through light drizzle.

I think you know that's not true.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 16:27
    @mchill said
    Poor americans are incapable of building a helicopter that can fly through light drizzle.

I think you know that's not true.
    apparently they are also incapable of detecting sarcasm
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 16:46
    @zahlanzi said
    Hehehe
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 00:01
    @zahlanzi said
    That was obvious. How could anyone think the title was serious, at least serious about real American engineering. We don't even have to list the achievements, it was clearly a bust of Trump. A world class assshole.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 08:31
    @sonhouse said
    That was obvious. How could anyone think the title was serious, at least serious about real American engineering. We don't even have to list the achievements, it was clearly a bust of Trump. A world class assshole.
    or maybe they read the title and didn't bother to read the original post
  8. RSA
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 10:53
    @wolfe63 said
    NASA, Apple, IBM and Intel might dispute that OP.
    🤔
    And Microsoft, Tesla, etc.

I'm not a fan of American cars, but in other fields of engineering, America is right up there.
  9. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    19 Nov '18 11:15
    @zahlanzi said
    I think the thickness of your skin is inversely correlated to your support of Trump.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 00:37
    @kmax87 said
    I think the thickness of your skin is inversely correlated to your support of Trump.
    did you just use "inversely correlated " to sound smart? common, be honest, you have no idea what those words mean 😀
  11. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 04:17
    @zahlanzi said
    did you just use "inversely correlated " to sound smart? common, be honest, you have no idea what those words mean 😀
    You're really good at this sarcasm thing aren't you ...
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 04:26

Removed by poster

13. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 04:481 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    Maybe English is not your first language.

The "your" in the 'thickness of "your" skin' comment of mine, referred to the "they" who were "incapable of detecting sarcasm."

So I saw your comment and made my comment, agreeing with you, riffing on what you had said. Do I think you like Trump? Don't be silly. But if you were a die hard Trump supporter, then you probably would have a very thin skin about his "achievements", or lack thereof.

Obviously the less you like Trump the thicker your skin would be about "American" achievements. Thats where the inverse correlation comes in.

So why would you think I would confuse you for someone who would fall for the click-bait trap of your design??? Do I believe that you think that America could not design a helicopter, when what you were really saying through the sarcasm was that Trump is the defective one?

So if you thought the 'you' in my comment referred to you (Zahlanzi), then your (Zahlanzi's) response, kind of makes sense, or did you just get a bit excited and start acting like a douche!
  14. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 04:54
    And for those who thought way too much 'splaining...

I'm about to graduate from an online course run by the Dutchess called
    Internet Etiquette 101 : Strategies and Techniques to maintain a humorless online profile, and all I can say is if you implement all her suggestions, it really works!
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 08:56
    @kmax87 said
    Maybe English is not your first language.

The "your" in the 'thickness of "your" skin' comment of mine, referred to the "they" who were "incapable of detecting sarcasm."

So I saw your comment and made my comment, agreeing with you, riffing on what you had said. Do I think you like Trump? Don't be silly. But if you were a die hard Trump supporter, then you probably would ...[text shortened]... 's) response, kind of makes sense, or did you just get a bit excited and start acting like a douche!
    you replied to me personally and you wonder how i considered the comment directed at me?

correlation between one's lack of support for trump and thickness of one's skin? does that mean i have very thick skin since i have 0 support for trump? but i am easily offended by trump because he is a disgusting human being. does that mean i have adaptive skin, only getting offended by what trump does but not by insults directed at trump (i have 0 support for him why would i be offended). Most of his supporters can't be said to have thin skin since they don't care about anything anyone says about him.

It was a bad comment, move on. Just because you thought it was funny doesn't mean others will

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree