This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 May '16 23:13
    Originally posted by normbenign
    . My gun control works. I always hit my target.
    Is that before or after muttering "Make my day punk." ?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    07 May '16 00:06
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    4 year old hero...or psycho?
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 May '16 00:59
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Logic isn't based on any one's point of view.
    Study it.
    The rules of deduction in logic are debatable, intuitionists do not accept the law of divided middle, in paraconsistent logic the law of non-contradiction is invalid - this is useful in safety critical electric circuits where contradictory inputs from faulty sensors need to be handled sensibly. Even assuming the rules of deduction in classical logic what one deduces is entirely a consequence of one's axioms. Axioms tend to depend on what one believes.

Regarding Hiroshima, Akiko Takakura was in the Bank of Japan behind reinforced concrete at the time of the bombing and 300 metres from the epicentre of the blast, she was the closest survivor not below ground.

Regarding guns, while I have no particular problem with people owning guns this incident was caused by the gun culture. The culture in the US seems to create a careless attitude to them. In Canada, gun ownership is as widespread as in the US, but apparently without either the murder or, as far as I'm aware, accident rate.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    07 May '16 01:28
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The rules of deduction in logic are debatable, intuitionists do not accept the law of divided middle, in paraconsistent logic the law of non-contradiction is invalid - this is useful in safety critical electric circuits where contradictory inputs from faulty sensors need to be handled sensibly. Even assuming the rules of deduction in classical logic wha ...[text shortened]... d as in the US, but apparently without either the murder or, as far as I'm aware, accident rate.
    Canada has low population density
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 May '16 11:58
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Ah, so stray bullets have a smaller chance of hitting a stranger. Got it๐Ÿ™‚
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    12 May '16 18:421 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ah, so stray bullets have a smaller chance of hitting a stranger. Got it๐Ÿ™‚
    People don't get into conflicts with each other as much in low population density.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 May '16 19:03
    People don't get into conflicts with each other as much in low population density.
    Its also colder so they stay indoors more.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 May '16 19:04
    Your probably right.
    Four year-olds will pick any lock on a gun-case.

Kids will be kids.
    Don't be stupid! The problem is not kids picking locks, but the one time you forget to put the gun in the case.

I find nothing wrong with locking up seldom used guns. I have no children in my home regularly, but most of my guns are in my gun safe, unloaded.

Since a couple of my guns are for self defense, they are loaded, and not locked up where they would be useless to me. I am on high alert when grandchildren are in my home. The rooms where my guns reside, are off limits to the kids. I may, if I'm busy, carry the weapons on my person while the kids are there.

No security system is foolproof, but accidents happen due to overconfidence in procedures like locking stuff up.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 May '16 21:13
    Don't be stupid! The problem is not kids picking locks,
    What did you think of that documentary; "Dr Strangelove"?
  11. Germany
    Moves
    12 May '16 21:15
    So does the United States.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 May '16 00:30
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    So does the United States.
    They aren't really comparable.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 May '16 00:54
    Is that before or after muttering "Make my day punk." ?
    Most of us, including me, who vow to use a gun for self defense, are never forced to do so. Part of that is that we take security seriously, and don't behave recklessly.

Many criminals have testified that they could tell if a mark was armed or not, and of course they chose the unarmed one.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 May '16 12:15
    Don't be stupid! The problem is not kids picking locks, but the one time you forget to put the gun in the case.

I find nothing wrong with locking up seldom used guns. I have no children in my home regularly, but most of my guns are in my gun safe, unloaded.

Since a couple of my guns are for self defense, they are loaded, and not locked up where th ...[text shortened]... em is foolproof, but accidents happen due to overconfidence in procedures like locking stuff up.
    tell me something please.

how much protection is a gun placed behind enough locks so your kid can't get to it.

in the very likely event you are home invaded in the middle of the night (very likely, according to NRA and you gun nuts) how much time do you think you will have to find the key to that cabinet or remember the combination to that safe?
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 May '16 12:591 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    tell me something please.

how much protection is a gun placed behind enough locks so your kid can't get to it.

in the very likely event you are home invaded in the middle of the night (very likely, according to NRA and you gun nuts) how much time do you think you will have to find the key to that cabinet or remember the combination to that safe?
    The other way to look at it; suppose you decide to go around robbing people instead of getting the IRS to do it for you. Which house will you, as a keen home invader choose, the one where there are possibly armed occupants or the one whose occupants defend themselves with whimpers, pleadings and shrieks?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree