1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 May '16 13:05
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    The other way to look at it; suppose you decide to go around robbing people instead of getting the IRS to do it for you. Which house will you, as a keen home invader choose, the one where there are possibly armed occupants or the one whose occupants defend themselves with stern words, whimpers and pleadings?
    Well, I don't know about the States, but over here in Europe, most home thefts (can't for some reason remember how to spell burgalery) happen when the occupants of the house aren't home.
    And we don't have guns.

But if theft is your aim, why take the risk of any form of confrontation?
    I'm sure Sophia (my wife) is very convincing with a breadknife and rolling-pin should some junkie try to steal her brand new bread machine.

And I'm pretty much sure it's the same in the US.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 May '16 13:06
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Well, I don't know about the States, but over here in Europe, most home thefts (can't for some reason remember how to spell burgalery) happen when the occupants of the house aren't home.
    And we don't have guns.

But if theft is your aim, why take the risk of any form of confrontation?
    I'm sure Sophia (my wife) is very convincing with a breadknife and r ...[text shortened]... e try to steal her brand new bread machine.

And I'm pretty much sure it's the same in the US.
    Just to add: I'm not being sexist, but I'm a minimalist and I would literally help the thieves to empty half the bloody house.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 May '16 13:11
    Just to add: I'm not being sexist, but I'm a minimalist and I would literally help the thieves to empty half the bloody house.
    This is a reflection of the value you put on your time and therefore your life, i.e. not much.

No wonder you're a lefty.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 May '16 14:18
    This is a reflection of the value you put on your time and therefore your life, i.e. not much.

No wonder you're a lefty.
    That makes no sense at all.
    Perhaps aquiring all that materialistic rubbish is distracting you from realizing what life is all about.

It's certainly not about TV, computers and multi-jet shower heads.
    And it's not about bread machines or a new couch.

Perhaps that's what's warped you? The pathetic clinging to unimportant things you don't need; so much so, that you live in a constant state of paranoia about losing it.

Go for a walk on a sunny day.
    Take a drive around the mountains.
    Take a cruise and drink a different cocktail every hour.

Perhaps someone will do you the favour of removing the clutter from your paranoid misery!
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 May '16 14:311 edit
    That makes no sense at all.
    Perhaps aquiring all that materialistic rubbish is distracting you from realizing what life is all about.

It's certainly not about TV, computers and multi-jet shower heads.
    And it's not about bread machines or a new couch.

Perhaps that's what's warped you? The pathetic clinging to unimportant things you don't need; so mu ...[text shortened]... ur.

Perhaps someone will do you the favour of removing the clutter from your paranoid misery!
    I don't own a car to drive in the mountains, that'd be boring anyway, but I do own a couple of motorcycles, a classic moto guzzi or a modern 690cc motard, now you're talking, it's about going around corners. Maybe you need to realize what life's about, two wheels man.

And for the last three months I've been living out of a back pack.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 May '16 15:29
    The other way to look at it; suppose you decide to go around robbing people instead of getting the IRS to do it for you. Which house will you, as a keen home invader choose, the one where there are possibly armed occupants or the one whose occupants defend themselves with whimpers, pleadings and shrieks?
    or maybe he comes straight in your bedroom and shoots you as you fumble with the key to wherever you hold your gun.

or maybe he doesn't give a fuk because he is a criminal and you can't shoot straight at a range let alone at 3 am after just having been woken up.

or maybe you should try making your neighborhood a safer place like normal people do.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 May '16 15:38
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    or maybe he comes straight in your bedroom and shoots you as you fumble with the key to wherever you hold your gun.

or maybe he doesn't give a fuk because he is a criminal and you can't shoot straight at a range let alone at 3 am after just having been woken up.

or maybe you should try making your neighborhood a safer place like normal people do.
    ...just as I thought, you'd go with the unarmed occupants, safer for the initiators of force to pick on those who can't defend themselves.
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 May '16 01:37
    ...just as I thought, you'd go with the unarmed occupants, safer for the initiators of force to pick on those who can't defend themselves.
    Safer too, for those who believe they can negotiate their safety by betraying others.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree