1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Mar '16 15:47
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Anders Breivik is responsible for one of the deadliest terrorist attacks in Europe in the postwar era. The fact that you apparently haven't heard of him says a lot about your favoured "news" sources in relation to Brevik's skin colour.

The notion that "many" immigrants coming to the US seek only a "welfare check" is ludicrous and deserves only a favo ...[text shortened]... rase as response. But hey - I bet you can actually back it up with some factual evidence, right?
    I did some quick research and reading and now recall who Anders Breivik is, and what he did.

The attack was well covered in all news sources this side of the pond, so you should suspend your racist inferences. We have our domestic incidents, so I tend not to worry so much about European problems. I'm not going to guess what your snarky reference to Brevnik's skin color means.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Mar '16 18:10
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Every President has a personal militia. It is called the Secret Service.
    No, those are bodyguards who work for the US Federal government. Anyway Trump isn't President.

Trump has the Lion's Guard. Offensive irregular units. He openly threatened to send them to Bernie Sander's rallies to cause trouble. The Secret Service is defending Sanders just like they defend Trump.

This Lion's Guard is different.

http://trumplionsguard.com/

A Warning About The Fascist Lion Guard Protecting Donald Trump
    FEBRUARY 26, 2016 / HORACE / 0 COMMENTS
    This is NOT the web site of the organization that calls itself The Lion Guard. This web site has been created to warn Americans who oppose the presidential election of Donald Trump about the Lion Guard. The Lion Guard web site is at LionsOfTrump [.net]

Fascist and Nazi Lion GuardOn Monday, March 15, a group calling itself the Lion Guard has launched a web site, seeking to organize supporters of Donald Trump into a militia to counter protests at Trump rallies. The group claims to be “dedicated to the safety and security of Trump supporters,” but has also declared itself willing to use violence, “willing to forcefully protect” Donald Trump from people it perceives to be threats.

Over the weekend, the Lion Guard organized a Twitter account, which quickly gained over 500 followers, but then shut down in under 24 hours. This led many to believe that the Lion Guard was defunct. Attention to the militia faded, but it soon popped up again at a different Twitter account, and now is organizing through its own web site.

The first question that comes to mind is why the militia calls itself the Lion Guard or the Lions of Trump. What’s up with the lion?

Actually, lion imagery is found throughout imagery used by Trump supporters, in bumper stickers, on tshirts, and on campaign buttons, as well as on graphics online. It’s not an accident that the Lion Guard chose that name for itself, or that it chose to create an image of a lion as its icon and as the header for its web site.

The reason Trump supporters use the lion in their materials is revealed in the main image from the Lion Guard web site, the image you see at the top of the article. The image of a lion is accompanied by the motto,“Better to be a lion for a day than a lamb for eternity.”

That motto is almost a word-for-word translation of a favorite saying of Italian Fascist dictator Benito Mussolini, who said, “It is better to live a day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.” Is it a coincidence that the Lion Guard used this phrase in its call to form a militia for the “defense” of Donald Trump from protesters?

Sadly, no. Donald Trump himself has used that same Mussolini quote to promote his campaign. Trump refused to distance himself from Mussolini’s words, and told reporters, when the public realized that Trump was citing a bit of Fascist ideology, “It’s a very good quote.”
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Mar '16 20:13
    By "eggheads" I mean people who think they are better qualified to manipulate and dictate society and culture than common people.

I don't think IQ tests really are good measures of intelligence, although at one time I tested quite high.

You know what they are thinking!?!

IQ tests?? Who said anything about IQ tests?
    and yeah ... "at one time" everyone tests high.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '16 21:002 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Mar '16 21:23
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You bravely speak for other people. I would suggest that KazetNagorra plainly separate himself from you, save for specific instances when he agrees with you. Regardless of who or how many view me as a racist, you haven't provided an ounce of evidence to support the hateful accusation.

By the way Muslims are not non white people. Lots of white people worship Allah, and are Muslims. I am an atheist, and am as much in disbelief of Christian dogma, as of Islam.

You gratuitously forget that America's first domestic terrorist bomber was T. McVeigh, a white guy. Why don't you cease and desist from your lying?
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Mar '16 22:345 edits
    You gratuitously forget that America's first domestic terrorist bomber was T. McVeigh, a white guy.
    No it wasn't. It was white people but McVeigh is pretty recent. The Weather Underground predated McVeigh and there were bombs used in the American Revolution.

The Haymarket Affair in 1886 (conducted by white anarchist labor union types) was probably the USA's first domestic terrorist bombing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haymarket_affair
    https://i0.wp.com/upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/HaymarketMartyrs.jpg

http://www.iww.org/branches/US/CA/lagmb/lit/haymarket.shtml

In the city of Chicago on the evening of May 4th 1886, a protest meeting was held in the Haymarket Square. The meeting was organized by the anarchist community to protest the murder and wounding of several workers by the Chicago police the day before. The murdered men had been protesting outside the Mc Cormick Reaper Factory, from which they had been locked out by the owners. As some scabs were leaving the factory a confrontation occurred involving fighting and rock throwing. The police attacked the locked out workers first with clubs and then with revolvers. August Spies a militant anarchist labor agitator witnessed the shootings, became infuriated and wrote up a circular calling for "Workingmen to Arms." A compositor unknown to Spies added the word, "Revenge!" so the circular read, "Revenge! Workingmen to Arms!!!" The evening of May 3rd at Greif's saloon on West Lake Street, at a gathering of German anarchists, it was decided to hold the protest in the Haymarket Square the following evening at 7:30 pm.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '16 22:482 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree