1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 12:38
    Here is an excerpt from the link below:

"Since the downfall of Morsi on July 3, the US government has refused to call the incident a coup as such a move would put an end to $1.3 billion in aid to Egyptian military. US law prohibits granting aid to a country where a democratic government is toppled by the military.

The Senate on Wednesday killed a measure from Sen. Rand Paul 86 to 13 that would have cut off US aid to Egypt and spent the money on crumbling bridges in the US.

“All I can see is the billions of American tax dollars that he [President Barack Obama] chooses to send overseas,” Paul said. “The president sends billions of dollars to Egypt in the form of advanced fighter planes and tanks while Detroit crumbles.”

“All military aid must end, that’s the law. There is no presidential waiver, the law states unequivocally the aid must end,” Paul said. “If we choose to ignore our own laws, can we with a straight face preach to the rest of the world about the rule of law?”

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/07/31/316580/us-to-conduct-military-exercise-in-egypt/

Obama doesn't care about people here in the USA. Partisan divide is preventing a stop to sending our money overseas. The irony is that the very people who are hurt most by Obama's foreign policy voted for him and continue to support him. Are they fools or am I wrong?
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 15:21
    Originally posted by Metal Brain

"Since the downfall of Morsi on July 3, the US government has refused to call the incident a coup as such a move would put an end to $1.3 billion in aid to Egyptian military. US law prohibits granting aid to a country where a democratic government is toppled by the military.

The Senate on Wednesday killed a m ...[text shortened]... ama's foreign policy voted for him and continue to support him. Are they fools or am I wrong?
    There may be some truth in what you said, though I haven't followed that issue much. I think America is spending too much in military aid, and I'd like to see that reduced.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 16:002 edits

The Senate on Wednesday killed a m ama's foreign policy voted for him and continue to support him. Are they fools or am I wrong?
    "The Senate on Wednesday killed a measure from Sen. Rand Paul 86 to 13..."

"Obama doesn't care about people here in the USA..."

So it's Obama's fault? Huh? 86 to 13 is partisan? It's more likely senators whose states have a lot of military manufacturing and presence.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 16:37
    Originally posted by JS357

So it's Obama's fault? Huh? 86 to 13 is partisan? It's more likely senators whose states have a lot of military manufacturing and presence.
    Obama was put in place by the same people who put the 86 in place. It isn't Obama's fault, it is the fault of those people who are pulling the strings.

Let the blind remain blind.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 17:03
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Obama was put in place by the same people who put the 86 in place. It isn't Obama's fault, it is the fault of those people who are pulling the strings.

Let the blind remain blind.
    All 100 of them are there via the same process.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 17:08
    All 100 of them are there via the same process.
    Wow, you are blind. I suppose these people all received the same amount of money for their elections from the exact same sources?
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 17:36

I didn't say it was "ALL" Obama's fault. I'm just saying he is and never was an agent of change as he promised. He is just as corrupt as GW Bush. All presidents in recent history were corrupt tools of the elite who control things from behind the scenes. Obama is just another puppet. He doesn't care about you.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 20:13
    I didn't say it was "ALL" Obama's fault. I'm just saying he is and never was an agent of change as he promised. He is just as corrupt as GW Bush. All presidents in recent history were corrupt tools of the elite who control things from behind the scenes. Obama is just another puppet. He doesn't care about you.
    There was a time when things were different?
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 21:13
    [b]... measure from Sen. Rand Paul 86 to 13 that would have cut off US aid to Egypt and spent the money on crumbling bridges in the US.

The president sends billions of dollars to Egypt in the form of advanced fighter planes and tanks while Detroit crumbles.”
    So if the fighter planes and tanks were not sent to Egypt they would be
    melted down to make bridges and rebuild Detroit? I think it's too late
    for a quick fix like that!
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 22:28
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Wow, you are blind. I suppose these people all received the same amount of money for their elections from the exact same sources?
    I said "process". I am not as stupid as you think.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 22:29
    And this is why 86-13 is a partisan vote?
  12. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    02 Aug '13 07:07
    dont forget 1 billion goes to mexico every year
    and billions more to israel each year
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 01:15

Almost everyone thinks the military could be cut back, but nobody wants the base in their State closed. NIMBYism at its best.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 01:181 edit

The Senate on Wednesday killed a m ama's foreign policy voted for him and continue to support him. Are they fools or am I wrong?
    If Obama had any sense he would take the war planes and turn then on Detroit and finish it off. 😠

People don't get outraged anymore about anything they do in government. People who have a pulse are already outraged at what has been going on for some time, the rest are zombies.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 01:26
    President's appeal to issues their constituencies are moved by. Ronald Reagan appealed to Americans who thought Carter to be weak and irresolute, and who had wrecked the military.

To satisfy campaign rhetoric, Reagan demanded big increases in military spending, without really being specific. Given that in 1980, if there was a threat it was the Soviet Union, and MAD was the strategic response in those days to keep peace. Yet the Reagan build up of the military was to produce large tactical arms, ships, planes, tanks, and soldiers unrelated to the primary threat of the day. It did satisfy the military/industrial complex, but didn't make us any safer in that MAD world.

We know that buildup started massive federal deficits which have continued under every President since. Whether this is conspiratorial, or just momentum, I can't answer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree