1. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 22:16
    I am confident that Social Security isn't going anywhere
    Like I said before, it is no longer guaranteed, if you were born after a certain year.
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 22:191 edit
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Like I said before, it is no longer guaranteed, if you were born after a certain year.
    The laws against stealing or murder aren't "guaranteed" either. If Congress voted to make all murder legal and the president signed it, it would become legal.
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 22:20
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    The laws against stealing or murder aren't "guaranteed" either. If Congress voted to make all murder legal and the president signed it, it would become legal.
    So you don't believe in morality?
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 22:231 edit
    So you don't believe in morality?
    I am not arguing that Congress should make murder legal -- I'm just saying that it COULD make murder legal. The only thing that prevents it is the people strongly agree that murder should be illegal.

Likewise, Social Security benefits will continue to be paid out because (and only as long as) the people believe strongly in this.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 22:25
    I dont believe it was ever guaranteed.
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 22:27
    I am not arguing that Congress should make murder legal -- I'm just saying that it COULD make murder legal. The only thing that prevents it is the people strongly agree that murder should be illegal.

Likewise, Social Security benefits will continue to be paid out because (and only as long as) the people believe strongly in this.
    NO IT WON'T BE PAID OUT!!! AS I SAID BEFORE, IT IS VERY LIKELY THAT PEOPLE BORN AFTER A CERTAIN YEAR WILL NOT GET IT!!!
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 22:40

I don't strongly believe this.
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 22:501 edit
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    I don't strongly believe this.
    but Wajoma only gets one vote, like everyone else

actually, if he's from New Zealand, he doesn't get votes at all on this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree