1. Germany
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 21:00
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Really? I didn't get that at all. What the link said was:

"KENYANS, it seems, are enthralled in equal measure by America and China, a finding from the Pew Research Centre's Global Attitudes Survey that may reflect Barack Obama's Kenyan ancestry"
    Look at the table, approval of the U.S. was similar during the Clinton era.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 21:36
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Look at the table, approval of the U.S. was similar during the Clinton era.
    I'm inclined to agree with Sam.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 08:41
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I'm inclined to agree with Sam.
    Well... look at the table.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:121 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Well... look at the table.
    This table:
    http://pewresearch.org/assets/publications/1630-1.png

I don't think they understood that you wanted them to see the link inside my link. That table also shows that the main issue was Bush and his policies (clear dip during his years in office).
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:21
    Isn't "Anti-Americanism" merely another stakeholder choice and motivation in the free market of ideas, as are things like "Anti-Brazilism", "Anti-Franceism", "Anti-Arabism", "Anti-Sexism", "Anti-Communism" etc.?
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    Isn't "Anti-Americanism" merely another stakeholder choice and motivation in the free market of ideas, as are things like "Anti-Brazilism", "Anti-Franceism", "Anti-Arabism", "Anti-Sexism", "Anti-Communism" etc.?
    "Stakeholder choice and motivation in the free market of ideas"...

No, didn't get it. Were you trying to maximize the amount of business lingo there?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:29
    Originally posted by Palynka
    "Stakeholder choice and motivation in the free market of ideas"...

No, didn't get it. Were you trying to maximize the amount of business lingo there?
    Not really. If you have a superior string of words that are as concise and allude to the same things as mine, in order to pose the same question, then be my guest.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not really. If you have a superior string of words that are as concise and allude to the same things as mine, in order to pose the same question, then be my guest.
    I just have no clue as to what you mean. Can you rephrase?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:34
    I just have no clue as to what you mean. Can you rephrase?
    No need. Maybe you can just skip this one.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    No need. Maybe you can just skip this one.
    No problem. Especially since you make it clear you don't really want to talk about it.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:49
    No problem. Especially since you make it clear you don't really want to talk about it.
    On the contrary. I'm just not interested in your little 'I don't like your turn of phrase' game.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    On the contrary. I'm just not interested in your little 'I don't like your turn of phrase' game.
    On the contrary, I actually find your choice of words quite funny and enjoyable. In the way some Babelfish translations are funny, that is.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 10:15
    On the contrary, I actually find your choice of words quite funny and enjoyable. In the way some Babelfish translations are funny, that is.
    Quite the zinger. Well done.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 11:051 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't you mean 'the market of ideas' as being part of 'the free market' -- or is there a distinction between 'the free market of ideas' and 'the (not free) market of ideas'?

Are stakeholders supposed to have a choice?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 11:22
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Don't you mean 'the market of ideas' as being part of 'the free market' -- or is there a distinction between 'the free market of ideas' and 'the (not free) market of ideas'?
    Well if your autonomous "-ism" isn't damaging anyone unjustly, and yet attracts sanctions, threats or some other restrictions on your actions - especially from a powerful nation - then I would say the 'market of ideas' is not so free. Seeing as there can be this difference, I think it is useful to have a concept of there being - or not being - a 'free market of ideas'.

Are stakeholders supposed to have a choice?

A choice about what they approve of and disapprove of? A choice about how they act based on what they agree with and disagree with? I should hope so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree