1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 14:37
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/06/20/south.africa.female.condom/index.html?hpt=C2

My only problem with this, although it might prevent penetration, is the rapist may resort to violent revenge. What do you think?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 15:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/06/20/south.africa.female.condom/index.html?hpt=C2

My only problem with this, although it might prevent penetration, is the rapist may resort to violent revenge. What do you think?
    Ouch!
  3. Joined
    06 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 15:26
    I think it isn't the brightest of ideas. Plus points are that you've managed to hurt the rapist, downside is your much more likely to be killed or seriously injured when using this.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 15:29
    Originally posted by Barts
    I think it isn't the brightest of ideas. Plus points are that you've managed to hurt the rapist, downside is your much more likely to be killed or seriously injured when using this.
    I assume you mean by the alleged rapist?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 15:30
    If anyone needs protection from rape it's African women.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 15:31
    Originally posted by Barts
    If the spikes have strong Valium that goes in the blodstream of the rapist, then it would be safe... Or snake venom...
  7. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 16:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse

It isn't noticeable that it's up in there?

Assuming he was successfully deceived and manages to get that thing trapped on his ding dong, I don't think he would have much fight in him.

I have a great marketing name. The Venus Fly Trap!
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 16:27
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If the spikes have strong Valium that goes in the blodstream of the rapist, then it would be safe... Or snake venom...
    I don't think toxins are ideal to have floating around in a woman's vaginal fluid.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 16:50
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I don't think toxins are ideal to have floating around in a woman's vaginal fluid.
    It would presumably be on the tips of the stingers, not in contact with the woman's body.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 16:56
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Who said anything about 'gloating around'? Let the spikes be hollow and fragile.
    Like the thorn of stinging nettles (Urtica dioica)...
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 17:02
    "In most African countries, rape convictions are not common...

"...Women and girls who experience these violations are denied justice, factors that contribute to the normalization of rape and violence in South African society," Human Rights Watch says."

I believe they should try fixing their backward judicial system first, thats the only way the problem of rape will be tackled effectively.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 17:472 edits
    Originally posted by generalissimo

"...Women and girls who experience these violations are denied justice, factors that contribute to the normalization of rape and violence in South African society," Human Rights Watch says."

I believe they should try fixing their backward judicial system first, thats the only way the problem of rape will be tackled effectively.
    Godda admit, if a rapist gets caught in one of those things, he will think twice about doing it again. Also, once burned, he would just know to pull out the device on his next victim, assuming he doesn't get jail, which sounds like a likely outcome of such a case in their judicial system. So the idea of a toxin that maybe rots off his member might be a lesson for all who do such crimes. In order for it to be effective it would have to be extremely painful, at least long enough for the girl to run away and notify the cops.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 19:59
    I think it should have a non-washable dye inside.
  14. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 02:35
    Originally posted by generalissimo

Do you have a place you can point to where this is working? I think that men who rape don't care about the judicial system. In some places, they're taught as they're growing up that men are in charge, and so they don't really seem to believe or care that rape is rape or that it's wrong. My understanding is that in South Africa (or someplace in Africa), men are taught that sex with a virgin will cure AIDS, and so many girls and infants are raped. The judicial system won't change that.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 02:45
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Do you have a place you can point to where this is working? I think that men who rape don't care about the judicial system. In some places, they're taught as they're growing up that men are in charge, and so they don't really seem to believe or care that rape is rape or that it's wrong. My understanding is that in South Africa (or someplace in Africa) ...[text shortened]... ure AIDS, and so many girls and infants are raped. The judicial system won't change that.
    It would work if enough dudes get caught out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree