1. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 01:311 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    What does less poverty have to do with lack of social security?
    What are you talking about?
    Are you honestly that stupid?

Sweden and Denmark have some of the best = highest social security benefits in the world supported by high taxation and socially responsible governments. This means that people who are on benefits are in nowhere near the same sort of desperate circumstances that a family in the USA would be with your pathetic social welfare system.

Read a little bit maybe......
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 01:58
    Originally posted by nook7
    Are you honestly that stupid?

Sweden and Denmark have some of the best = highest social security benefits in the world supported by high taxation and socially responsible governments. This means that people who are on benefits are in nowhere near the same sort of desperate circumstances that a family in the USA would be with your pathetic social welfare system.

Read a little bit maybe......
    What the heck is wrong with you idiots?
    I never complained about social security in my country.

Can't you idiots read?????
  3. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 06:35
    Paul Craig Roberts claims our government lies about the unemployment numbers.

http://www.rense.com/general92/liec.htm

Is he right?
    If so what other economic numbers is our government lying about?
    Perhaps not lying, but not telling the whole truth.
    U.S. economy needs between 300-350,000 jobs every month in order to keep the unemployment rate stable. When the new claims number is above 300-350,000 the total unemployment increase.
    Remember, when the employees has been over two years as unemployed, they DO NOT LONGER are included in the total employment numbers.

Sincerely,

Harri / Luck

U.S. economy must do what Finland did in early-mid-90s, cut corporate tax rates and reduce the wasteful masses working for the government.
  4. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 06:451 edit
    Read your own post you fool.

l answered your question.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 09:15
    Originally posted by Luck
    Perhaps not lying, but not telling the whole truth.
    U.S. economy needs between 300-350,000 jobs every month in order to keep the unemployment rate stable. When the new claims number is above 300-350,000 the total unemployment increase.
    Remember, when the employees has been over two years as unemployed, they DO NOT LONGER are included in the total employment ...[text shortened]... arly-mid-90s, cut corporate tax rates and reduce the wasteful masses working for the government.
    A self-proclaimed Tea Party member bringing up Finland as an example of how to run the economy. Now I have seen everything (except a man eating his own head).
  6. Germany
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 09:16
    Is this some kind of attempt at being funny or witty or do I really have to explain how poverty and social security might be related?
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 13:24
    Read your own post you fool.

l answered your question.
    We have social programs here and they make poverty bearable but they do not eliminate it. That does not mean most of our social programs don't work though. Nobody here starves unless they don't know where to go for help. Healthcare is a different matter and it is complicated.
    I was referring to the gap between the rich and the poor in my posts. If you read them you might know that.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 13:29
    We have social programs here and they make poverty bearable but they do not eliminate it. That does not mean most of our social programs don't work though. Nobody here starves unless they don't know where to go for help. Healthcare is a different matter and it is complicated.
    I was referring to the gap between the rich and the poor in my posts. If you read them you might know that.
    And guaranteeing access to health care, education, housing, utilities, internet, etc. does not reduce the gap between rich and poor?
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 13:42
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Is this some kind of attempt at being funny or witty or do I really have to explain how poverty and social security might be related?
    It is not an issue here. You lied and said I criticized social security. I did nothing of the sort.
    Keep in mind we have a very popular social program in this country called "Social Security". It is a retirement and disability program. When you say social security to an American the first thing that comes to mind is a specific social program called "Social Security".
    Denmark and Sweden don't have large gaps between the rich and the poor like we have in this country. That is what I was talking about. When I said poverty I didn't mean starving. There is plenty of food here. I meant below poverty income levels.

People sometimes think that since average American incomes are higher than most countries that we live in luxury. The cost of living is also higher here though.

I didn't complain about social programs in any way and you know it.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 13:51
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    And guaranteeing access to health care, education, housing, utilities, internet, etc. does not reduce the gap between rich and poor?
    It depends on the taxation system and how progressive it is. If it is structured right it should.
    I would think that is the case in Denmark. I'm not sure about Sweden as I have less knowledge of that country.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 13:59
    I was watching the McLaughlin Group last night and they said that Mexico's official unemployment rate was 5.6% but the CIA estimate was as high as 25%.

They said it was the high population growth in Mexico. More people are becoming old enough to be part of the work force.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 14:18
    I was watching the McLaughlin Group last night and they said that Mexico's official unemployment rate was 5.6% but the CIA estimate was as high as 25%.

They said it was the high population growth in Mexico. More people are becoming old enough to be part of the work force.
    In principle there is full employment in any society; unemployment is the result of poor socio-economic policies.
  13. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 00:241 edit
    Hmm...what does poverty have to do with lack of social security.

You wrote this remember.

l answered it and you still dont get the fact that you are missing the issue.

Head out of sand please.

Let me repeat it slowly so you can catch on.

Country (lets call them A) has a good social welfare system that doesnt force people onto it into a life of poverty with little recourse.

Country B doesnt have this.

What do you think happens when a father of 2-3 kids on a single income gets retrenched in country A? how about in country B? Is there a difference in the outcomes?

Now look at your coment again and see what a complete douche you come across as.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 01:23
    Hmm...what does poverty have to do with lack of social security.

You wrote this remember.

l answered it and you still dont get the fact that you are missing the issue.

Head out of sand please.

Let me repeat it slowly so you can catch on.

Country (lets call them A) has a good social welfare system that doesnt force people onto it into a life of p ...[text shortened]... he outcomes?

Now look at your coment again and see what a complete douche you come across as.
    Look at the context. K said I criticized social security and it was not true.

I was talking about poverty income levels. Nobody starves in this country because of lack of social programs. You are just a bitter person that needs to cling onto non issues that do not apply to the debate. You are a typical ignorant person that thinks social programs in my country don't work. They are very liberal, maybe too liberal. People are taken care of here even if they earn a poverty wage. Social programs don't eliminate poverty wages!

This thread is about unemployment rates. I know you would love to digress and avoid talking about unemployment so start another thread.
  15. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 06:131 edit
    Look at the context. K said I criticized social security and it was not true.

I was talking about poverty income levels. Nobody starves in this country because of lack of social programs. You are just a bitter person that needs to cling onto non issues that do not apply to the debate. You are a typical ignorant person that thinks social programs in my I know you would love to digress and avoid talking about unemployment so start another thread.
    ROTFLMAO

l was just pointing out the glaring stupidity in your post.

Nobody starves in your country LMAO

Bitter. LMAO

Typically ignorant - doubly LMAO

Social programs dont eliminate poverty wages - never said they did sparky.

You dont get out much do you.

Do you think the US has an acceptable Social Welfare system?
    Would you pay more of your hard earned so that someone else can have it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree