1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 13:04
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/syrian-presidency-vows-step-campaign-against-militants-112852872.html

Not much gets passed the President of Syria, does it?

Although I object to the US playing the role of "WMD" police, even though the US has used WMD's in the past, which is hypocritical to say the least, I will at least give credit where credit is due.

Trump does not appear as though he will hand over Syria to ISIS by taking out Assad, like Obama did with Libya, nor does Trump appear to give the keys to the city to Iran with the addition of billions of dollars so they can make nukes and spread terrorism around the Middle East. Instead, Trump is just trying to curb the use of WMD's with such strikes.

But what would you do if you were Assad? Here you have ISIS chomping at the bit to subdue you, after which you can expect another genocide like the one that just happened in Syria with Obama and the UN standing idly by twiddling their thumbs. Would you use WMD's to subdue these animals if you felt you had to in order to defeat them?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he had to use them in order to survive. I have no idea what his situation is in that regard, it's just a hypothetical.
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 13:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/syrian-presidency-vows-step-campaign-against-militants-112852872.html

Although I object to the US playing the role of "WMD" police, even though the US has used WMD's in the past, which is hypocritical to say the least, I will at least give credit where credit is due.

Tru ...[text shortened]... rder to survive. I have no idea what his situation is in that regard, it's just a hypothetical.
    Well you could support the currently ongoing peace negotiations. Is that too cerebral for you?
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 14:12

Tru ...[text shortened]... rder to survive. I have no idea what his situation is in that regard, it's just a hypothetical.
    Trump is a traitor to his anti-establishment supporters. He is just as corrupt as Obama, Bush, Clinton, poppy Bush and Reagan. I hope he gets assassinated!

http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/08/26/exclusive-cia-files-prove-america-helped-saddam-as-he-gassed-iran/
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 14:43
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Well you could support the currently ongoing peace negotiations. Is that too cerebral for you?
    Peace? In the Middle East?

Er....um....sure.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 14:442 edits
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Trump is a traitor to his anti-establishment supporters. He is just as corrupt as Obama, Bush, Clinton, poppy Bush and Reagan. I hope he gets assassinated!

http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/08/26/exclusive-cia-files-prove-america-helped-saddam-as-he-gassed-iran/
    😲

Assassinated?

Calm down there Madonna.

I say count your blessings. At least he does not draw spineless red lines in the sand and telegraph what he is going to do 5 years prior to when he does it. Nor does he let anyone know what he is going to do, which is important since the federal government seems to be full of people who are trying to sabotage his Presidency if not the entire country by leaking state secrets.

I really don't feel bad for Assad whatsoever, even though I disagree with the assumed role of the US as the world police.

What is sad is the ineffectiveness of the UN. They preside over genocide like in the Sudan and Syria and just sit around playing with themselves trying to decide on what resolution to pass again against Israel.
  6. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 15:17
    😲

Assassinated?

Calm down there Madonna.

I say count your blessings. At least he does not draw spineless red lines in the sand and telegraph what he is going to do 5 years prior to when he does it. Nor does he let anyone know what he is going to do, which is important since the federal government seems to be full of people who are trying to sabota ...[text shortened]... around playing with themselves trying to decide on what resolution to pass again against Israel.
    Yes the UN is paralysed by the Security Council. America and its pals are a big part of that problem. Russia and China are hardly an improvement. As long as the major powers can veto whaever they like the UN is hobbled.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 15:292 edits
    Yes the UN is paralysed by the Security Council. America and its pals are a big part of that problem. Russia and China are hardly an improvement. As long as the major powers can veto whaever they like the UN is hobbled.
    Not at all, they do a good job passing resolutions against Israel every time they build a wall or settlement, so they are good for something. Perhaps that is their sole purpose.

Genocide, not so much

As for pushing peace in the Middle East, perhaps the US should first make the streets of Chicago more safe than those in Syria. Or as Jesus once said, cast the beam out of your own eye before trying to dig the beam out of someone else's eye.

Just say'in.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 15:30
    The Security Council veto is intended to stop WWIII and so far it's done a pretty good job
  9. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 15:57

Syria is a no win situation for the USA. America can harass, but anything more risks a military showdown with Russia (NOT advisable!)
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 16:52
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The Security Council veto is intended to stop WWIII and so far it's done a pretty good job
    Maybe. So in your account it was the UN - with its Security Council vetoes - that prevented a Third World War then.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 17:32
    Maybe. So in your account it was the UN - with its Security Council vetoes - that prevented a Third World War then.
    When China didn't have a veto MacArthur got very close to nuking them in the Korean War, a UN operation
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 17:45
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    When China didn't have a veto MacArthur got very close to nuking them in the Korean War, a UN operation
    Yes, I can envision the UN starting a 3rd world war.
  13. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 19:472 edits
    All joking Asaad, it's getting pretty Syrias over there
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 19:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '17 19:59
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I think it's always best to enter a no win quagmire without legitimacy, that way when you exit it you loose nothing, because if you did have credibility entering it you would have none once you left as so many have done before.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree